Wing Commander Academy Ad Blurbs (DOS)
Advertising BlurbsUnknown Source:
As a student at the TCSN Academy, you custom-design and fly unique combat, rescue, and search and retrieval missions from the CyberSchool's holographic simulator. In the Wing Commander tradition, the game features a dynamic musical score, improved bit-mapped graphics, and a dazzling array of customizing options. But Wing Commander Academy is not another cinematic extravaganza -- it's an intense dogfighting marathon.
- Custom-design a variety of missions that match your skill level as you place fighters, capital ships, mine fields, asteroid fields, data pods and ejected pilots -- up to 10 in each of the four action spheres.
- Save up to 24 games to disk and trade with your friends or upload them to bulletin boards to challenge others.
- Request random missions where each action sphere yields an unknown number of enemy ships with pilots of varying skill levels.
- Climb into the cockpits of the new Confederation Wraith or Kilrathi Jrathek fighters for a new combat experience.
- Sekect a cybernet wingman -- from a frightened cadet to a hotshot veteran.
- Fly from the cockpit or try the chase plane view for a new perspective on the intense dogfighting action.
- Sharpen your combat skills as you compete for high-point honors.
- Engage the "Gauntlet" -- a dogfighting marathon with 16 progressively difficult levels of attacking ships -- including three flights of fighters in each level.
Contributed by Trixter (8777) on Mar 01, 1999.