DescriptionThe Thunder Age has been marked by an industrial revolution. Having discovered the power of steam, the races of that magical medieval realm began to produce firearms and construct steam-powered golems. However, the development was stopped by a horrifying event, known as the Darkfall. Hordes of unholy creatures, or "nocturnals", were released into the world. Some people found in themselves no courage to resist them, and began cooperating with the nocturnals, earning the title of "Corrupted". Only the bravest of adventurers will dare to venture into the dark underground areas where the forces of evil have built their stronghold.
World of Aden: Thunderscape is a 3D dungeon-crawling role-playing game. The player creates a party of up to six characters, choosing among several races, including traditional medieval fantasy species such as elves and dwarves, but also some races unique to the game. The player also chooses the class and the initial combat-oriented skills of the characters. Combat is turn-based and takes place on the same screen as exploration. When characters gain enough experience to level up, the player can raise their parameters or have them learn new magic spells.
Part of the Following Groups
|Good gameplay marred by lousy graphics, sound, and cramped quarters.||jlebel (2211)|
|The grand daddy of First Person RPGs||Saurabh Shukul (4)||unrated|
|Coming Soon Magazine||Nov 30, 1995||84 out of 100||84|
|Joystick (French)||Oct, 1995||77 out of 100||77|
|PC Joker||Sep, 1995||77 out of 100||77|
|Power Play||Oct, 1995||76 out of 100||76|
|GameSpot||May 01, 1996||7.1 out of 10||71|
|PC Player (Germany)||Oct, 1995||63 out of 100||63|
|Score||Sep, 1995||6 out of 10||60|
|High Score||Mar, 1996||3 out of 5||60|
|PC Games (Germany)||Oct, 1995||59 out of 100||59|
|Computer Gaming World (CGW)||Nov, 1995||Unscored||Unscored|
There are currently no topics for this game.
Trivia[excerpt from readme.txt of patch]
Fixes in 1.1 version of ThunderScape:
- "No Space Mouse Shape" crash has been fixed.
- "Dos/4GW professional error :exception ORH" crash has been fixed.
- "Divide Overflow" crashes have been fixed.
- "Read Fault Error" (in Troll caves) has been fixed.
- Crash after Character Creation has been fixed.
- "Crash site unreliable, bad wall count..." has been fixed.
- Decompression error when entering, leaving Troll caves has been fixed.
- Sound problems including Mel Fatal #110 trap: 20, Ensonic soundscape problems, and sound stopping after intro to game.