DescriptionWorthy Opponent aims to provide just that, dispensing with the problems of computer AI and instead serving up a collection of a dozen low-bandwidth mini-games designed for competitive two-player challenge, some turn-based, some simultaneously, through direct computer connection via modem. Its ANSI textmode graphical display allows low latency through the internal terminal software (which also permits during-play chat and taunting) even on the relatively slow modems of its era, the late '80s.
The mini-games included in version 1.9 were:
- SnakePit, a game in the Nibbles vein;
- Quinte (or, for those of you with poor imaginations, "Connect 5" on a 19x19 grid);
- Checkers, as per the board game classic;
- Backgammon, a parlour staple;
- and CannonBall Express;
- and Miniature Golf.
Part of the Following Group
There are no reviews for this game.
The Press Says
There are no rankings for this game.
There are currently no topics for this game.
There is no trivia on file for this game.
Related Web Sites
- Download Worthy Opponent (Free, legal download of Worthy Opponent -- look for WORTHY20.ZIP)
There are no game credits on file for this release of the game. Everything in MobyGames is contributable by users.