DescriptionDown in the Dumps
is a graphical adventure game in which the player takes control of the family Blub. In each chapter the player controls a different family member. The family of minuscule aliens wanted to go on holidays to another planet, but after a crash with evil aliens, they crash-land in a dump on earth. It is up to the player to take control of the family members and collect the required parts to reconstruct their spaceship.
The game is played with the mouse in typical point & click adventure style. You can collect in an inventory and combine items with each other or use them with objects in the game world. The game makes use of prerendered backgrounds and characters. The entire game takes place on the dump and is in a comedic style.
There are no reviews for this game.
The Press Says
There are currently no topics for this game.
The manual lists some trivia and statistics. Down in the dumps includes:
- 150 locations
- 45 minutes of cinematic sequences
- 3000 gags
- 3 hours of 3D computer animation
- 66 CD-ROMS of RAW DATA
- 41 GIGABYTES of RAW DATA
- 700 sounds
- 150 000 SOURCE CODE LINES
- 18 000 C language lines
- 9 GIGABYTES of hard drive scratched
- 12 PC motherboards burnt out
- 7300 cups of coffee drunk
- 5700 beers drunk
- 6 dumps visited (Los Angeles, London, Paris, Bastia, New York, Florence)
- 55 sleepless nights for each developer
This entry to the MobyGames database was contributed by robotriot (8642)
on Jan 02, 2000.