DescriptionDr. Mysto The Mindreader is a single player, brain training, game only the 'brain' being trained is the computer's and not the player's. It is similar to Animal Vegetable Mineral game which itself is based on a "Twenty Questions" which is both a parlour game and a UK radio show of old, centred on answering Yes or No to series of questions.
Dr Mysto is a program with five brains, namely databases for specific categories, each of which has a limited vocabulary. It asks the player to think of a word in that category and then it tries, by a series of Yes/No questions to guess the answer. If it gets the answer wrong it will ask 'How can I tell the difference between my answer and your word?' to which the player responds with a question the program could have asked. This is then filed and the program builds up an ever increasing library of words and questions that distinguish between them.
For example: in the countries category the player's country was Zimbabwe. Dr Mysto asked:
- Is it in the Western hemisphere? Answer No
- Is It In The Northern Hemisphere? Answer No
- Is it in Africa? Answer Yes
- Is It North Of Nigeria? Answer No
- I Think I know this, Is it South Africa? Am I right? Answer No
- I know I am close, Please tell me your word. Answer Zimbabwe
- Type a question that will help me tell ZIMBABWE from SOUTH AFRICA. Answer 'Is it landlocked?'
- Does 'Is it landlocked?' describe Zimbabwe? Answer Yes Return to the 'Think of a word' prompt.
There are no promo images for this game
- "Dr. Mysto The Mindreader: A Study In Semi Artificial Intelligence" -- In-game title
Part of the Following Group
There are no reviews for this game.
There are no critic reviews for this game.
There are currently no topics for this game.