DescriptionDr. Mysto The Mindreader is a single player, brain training, game only the 'brain' being trained is the computer's and not the player's. It is similar to Animal Vegetable Mineral game which itself is based on a "Twenty Questions" which is both a parlour game and a UK radio show of old, centred on answering Yes or No to series of questions.
Dr Mysto is a program with five brains, namely databases for specific categories, each of which has a limited vocabulary. It asks the player to think of a word in that category and then it tries, by a series of Yes/No questions to guess the answer. If it gets the answer wrong it will ask 'How can I tell the difference between my answer and your word?' to which the player responds with a question the program could have asked. This is then filed and the program builds up an ever increasing library of words and questions that distinguish between them.
For example: in the countries category the player's country was Zimbabwe. Dr Mysto asked:
- Is it in the Western hemisphere? Answer No
- Is It In The Northern Hemisphere? Answer No
- Is it in Africa? Answer Yes
- Is It North Of Nigeria? Answer No
- I Think I know this, Is it South Africa? Am I right? Answer No
- I know I am close, Please tell me your word. Answer Zimbabwe
- Type a question that will help me tell ZIMBABWE from SOUTH AFRICA. Answer 'Is it landlocked?'
- Does 'Is it landlocked?' describe Zimbabwe? Answer Yes Return to the 'Think of a word' prompt.
Part of the Following Group
There are no reviews for this game.
The Press Says
There are no rankings for this game.
There are currently no topics for this game.
Is that the time?In the game there's a clock on the wall, It looks as though it's set to half past six but in fact it's set to the game's version number which is 6.32.
You may have seen this beforeThis is not the first game of this type written by Frank DiNunzio, a version was developed for the Commodore 64 and released a few years earlier.
There are no game credits on file for this release of the game. Everything in MobyGames is contributable by users.