missing cover art
DescriptionWorlds of Flight is a civilian flight simulator depicting a single engine trainer aircraft, limited aerobatics capable, and equipped with steerable and retractable gear.
The scenery is organized in 9 adjoining maps called 'worlds' plus a common airport scenery that recurs on every map. The views are drawn as wire graphics to save memory, and you can cross from one map to another to make longer flights. The worlds/maps have 3D objects like towers and mountain that needs to be avoided or navigated by, and there are beacons that let you use IFR instruments to find the airports. There is a 'radar' view to help check your position on the map in IMC training.
The game starts with setting the weather in the worlds, with winds/cloud ceilings and then you move to the aircraft at the airport. Your view is from inside the cockpit, and to look around the view can be shifted 90 degrees to either side, and 8 degrees up relative to the aircraft orientation/pitch. In steep climbs the view/head angle is adjusted (to a limit) to try and keep the horizon visible.
The Worlds are called: Mountain World #1, Arabian Gulf, Panama City, Dahlgren VA, Practice Field, Mountain World #2, Island Bay, Mountain World #3, Power Line River. The airport scenery is loaded whenever you get close enough, below the ceiling/400ft and about 4000ft from the runway threshold.
The instrument panel has:
- Elevator Trim Indicator
- Fuel Gauge - there are refuelling areas on the airfield if you need to refuel during long flights.
- Indicated Air Speed - IAS (kts) - can be switched to Ground Speed indication for fun, but that is not recommended for flying.
- Tachometer (rpm)
- Stall Indicator (and a tone)
- Artificial Horizon (gyroscope)
- Sideslip indicator (ball)
- Altimeter (the runway is always at 0 ft height)
- Compass, with a special turn rate indication, it inverts when you do a 3deg/s (2min) turn, which is helpful in IMC.
- Rate of climb indicator (ft/min)
- Brake indicator (for holding still at run-up, and stopping)
- Gear Indicator
- Rudder, Aileron, Elevator Indicators
- Keyboard/Joystick indicator, mode is switchable in flight.
There are no Dragon 32/64 screenshots for this game.
There are 13 other screenshots on file for other versions of this game.
- "QL Flight" -- Sinclair QL in-game title
- "Flight Simulator" -- Sinclair QL title
There are no reviews for this game.
There are no critic reviews for this game.
There are currently no topics for this game.
There is no trivia on file for this game.
There are no game credits on file for this release of the game. Everything in MobyGames is contributable by users.