🕹️ New release: Lunar Lander Beyond

Forums > Game Forums > Dragon's Lair II: Time Warp > Alice in Wonderland - take it to the masses!

Pseudo_Intellectual (66360) on 7/21/2009 1:05 AM · Permalink · Report

Back in, uh, last August, I filed a vague correction:

"Does this version really contain the Alice in Wonderland scenes, as the description suggests? I ask because I see them in the screenshots over in our entry for Dragon's Lair III, where it is also mentioned 8) I figure the arcade Timewarp may have had it all, then the home conversions may have gotten split up, as with Singe's Castle."

Sciere has boldly risen to the task, owning up to the gaps in his experience:

* status changed to Work In Progress by Sciere (111781) on Today, 04:49 PM
  Comments: I'm afraid I can't answer that...

So I figured I'd ask our more general gaming population here, in the hopes that someone among us has played this game or even several different DL versions and can help to sort out what parts of the arcade game ended up in what home conversions.

vedder (70793) on 7/21/2009 9:55 AM · edited · Permalink · Report

I don't know. But I'm happy that Sciere has approved some of my very first submissions ever in the last hours! God job on the corrections Sciere!

Sciere (930488) on 7/21/2009 10:21 AM · Permalink · Report

Sometimes you forget for years that certain queues exist.

vedder (70793) on 7/21/2009 10:25 AM · Permalink · Report

It's called denial ;)

Sciere (930488) on 7/21/2009 10:27 AM · Permalink · Report

Too much noise when you need to tap Page Down nine times at 1680x1050 to see the end of the list of queues.

Xoleras (66141) on 7/21/2009 6:57 PM · Permalink · Report

I guess it's time to buy a new monitor. How about WHUXGA (7680*4800)? You can't really play games with it and you would have to rob a bank first, but you would just have 2 pages for the queue. :P =)

Indra was here (20755) on 7/24/2009 7:26 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

[Q --start stvedder wrote--]It's called denial ;) [/Q --end stvedder wrote--] I call it those queues - hallucinations. ;p

Foxhack (32100) on 7/21/2009 6:05 PM · Permalink · Report

I have this, which conveniently includes all the scenes in the games in MPG format. I'll check 'em out once I go back home in three weeks.

;_;

Pseudo_Intellectual (66360) on 7/22/2009 4:55 PM · Permalink · Report

Whether it's in the arcade version of TimeWarp isn't in doubt -- that's its original source -- but there was a tendency to split self-contained installments of the arcade games into multiple-game home conversions, using some of the scenes from source A for game X and other scenes from source A for game Y.

What I'm asking here is does game Y contain the Alice scenes that source A does, since game X demonstrates having them in screenshots. I don't know if a later version can help get to the bottom of that.