Fire Pro Wrestling D (Dreamcast)

4.5
Written by  :  scabadoo (32)
Written on  :  Feb 20, 2006

read more reviews by scabadoo

Summary

An incredible wrestling game.

The Good

The gameplay's timing based grapple system is the most ingenious way of playing video game wrestling. The graphics look really nice and are well detailed. Most of the music is catchy and the sound effects and voices are great. The incredible amount of moves available is incredible. The edit section brings new life to the game (by that I mean, if you are bored with it, create a new wrestler and it becomes new again).

The Bad

The game might have an incredible amount of wrestlers, but they could have added just a few more North American stars in my opinion. The games CPU opponent can become rather predictable and easy to beat on all but the hardest difficulty section after awhile.

The Bottom Line

This game is incredible. If you are a wrestling video game fan, then give it a shot. It might not be a 3D wrestling game, but that isn't really a bad thing. The crispness of the game (speed and polish) is unbeatable in my opinion. I have played this game for ridiculous marathon sessions. It is by far the game I have spent the most time playing in my 27 years on the planet, and by quite a bit too. I have soured on professional wrestling (WWE) for a long time, but that has not diminished my love of playing this game at all. (The Fire Pro games are an investment for sure, but I think it is well worth the price and effort. The North American internet community will help you out a lot, so don't be put off that the game uses Japanese characters.)