DescriptionA few days after the events described in Tomb Raider: The Last Revelation, Lara Croft is presumed dead. Her close friends begin to recollect her previous adventures, which occurred during different periods of her life. These include searching for the Philosopher's Stone in Rome; preventing the Spear of Destiny from falling into the hands of a ruthless gang leader; facing monsters on the Black Isle of Ireland as a child; and, finally, infiltrating a high-tech complex in pursuit of the Iris artefact.
Like its predecessors, Tomb Raider: Chronicles is an action game with puzzle-solving and platforming elements. The gameplay is very similar to that of the previous games, with the addition of a few new skills. Lara can now walk on tightropes, swing on horizontal bars, and somersault forwards from a ledge while crouching. A grappling hook has been added to her inventory. The game also includes a level editor, allowing the player to create new stages for Lara to explore.
- "古墓奇兵5：回憶錄" -- Chinese spelling (traditional)
- "古墓丽影：历代记" -- Chinese spelling (simplified)
- "TRC" -- Informal short title
- "TR 5" -- Informal short title
- "Tomb Raider: Хроники" -- Russian spelling
- "Tomb Raider: מסע בזמן" -- Hebrew spelling
- "Tomb Raider V" -- Alias
- "Tomb Raider: Sur les traces de Lara Croft" -- French title
- "Tomb Raider: Die Chronik" -- German title
- "Tomb Raider 5: Chronicles" -- Japanese title
Part of the Following Groups
There are no reviews for the Dreamcast release of this game. You can use the links below to write your own review or read reviews for the other platforms of this game.
The Press Says
|Video Games||Jan 03, 2001||79 out of 100||79|
|GameSpot||Nov 20, 2000||7.2 out of 10||72|
|Gamezone (Germany)||Apr 27, 2001||7.2 out of 10||72|
|Jeuxvideo.com||Jan 23, 2001||14 out of 20||70|
|Power Unlimited||Mar, 2001||6.6 out of 10||66|
|Official Dreamcast Magazine (U.S.)||Mar, 2001||4 out of 10||40|
|The Video Game Critic||May 22, 2010||D||25|
There are currently no topics for this game.
TriviaSome releases came with a competition entry form (exactly, a product registration card) for a trip for two people to Rome to visit some locations explored in the game. Winners stayed for three nights at 4-star Hotel Quirinale, adjoined to the Opera House. One evening, you're invited to a Lara Croft photo shoot including a chance to have a photo taken with her. The trip was scheduled for early European summer of 2001. Alternatively a special offer with very limited places was made to general public at their own expense by contacting the provided telephone number.
Related Web Sites
- The Adventure Continues (An Apple Games article about the Macintosh version of Chronicles, with commentary being provided by Aspyr President Michael Rogers (August, 2001).)
- Tomb Raider: Chronicles (Official Site - Eidos Interactive)
- Wikipedia: Tomb Raider Chronicles (Information about Tomb Raider Chronicles at Wikipedia)