DescriptionTony Hawk's Pro Skater is a skateboarding simulation in which you control a famous skate star around 3D environments. Each game area contains a plethora of objects like ramps, rails, and half-pipes which can be used to perform tricks. Each trick you perform earns you more points for your score.
The game is divided into two types of levels. In the first, you skate around locations like a mall, a city street, or a warehouse. In each of these areas, there are 5 goals to complete. Some goals involve obtaining a high score, others smashing objects, and some collecting objects. For every goal you complete, you earn a video tape. By collecting enough video tapes, you unlock levels and skateboards for you to use. There are 6 levels like this. The second type of level is a competition. You get to make 3 timed runs through a skate park, and attempt to get the highest score possible. If you do well enough, you will beat the scores of the computer controlled skaters and win a medal. There are 3 levels like this.
There are nine real life pro skaters you can choose to play as, including Tony Hawk himself. Each skater has their own signature moves that earn you big points if pulled off successfully.
- "托尼霍克职业滑板" -- Chinese Title (Simplified)
- "Tony Hawk's Skateboarding" -- European title
- "THPS" -- informal abbreviation
Part of the Following Groups
- Licensed Title: Athletes
- PlayStation Greatest Hits releases
- PlayStation Platinum Range releases
- Tony Hawk skateboarding series
|I hate skateboarders and I love this game.||Courtland Funke (45)|
|The Video Game Critic||Aug 16, 2001||A||100|
|Gaming Target||Jun 23, 2000||9.8 out of 10||98|
|Video Games||Jun, 2000||93 out of 100||93|
|NowGamer||Jun 29, 2000||9.3 out of 10||93|
|HappyPuppy||Jun 12, 2000||9 out of 10||90|
|Power Unlimited||Sep, 2000||8.7 out of 10||87|
|Mega Fun||Jul, 2000||86 out of 100||86|
|Jeuxvideo.com||Jul 10, 2000||17 out of 20||85|
|The Next Level||Jul 13, 2000||B+||83|
There are currently no topics for this game.
DemoA demo of the game was available for a limited time from Pizza Hut.
SoundtrackThe soundtrack includes the following songs:
- Dead Kennedys - Police Truck
- Evenrude - Vilifed
- Goldfinger - Superman
- Primus - Jerry Was a Racecar Driver
- Speedealer - Nothing to Me
- Speedealer - Screamer
- Suicidal Tendencies - Cyco Vision
- The Ernies - Here & Now
- The Suicide Machines - New Girl
- Unsane - Committed
- The Vandals - Euro-Barge
- Game Informer
- August 2001 (Issue #100) - #36 in the "Top 100 Games of All Time" poll
Related Web Sites
- Wikipedia: Tony Hawk's Pro Skater (Information about Tony Hawk's Pro Skater at Wikipedia)