DescriptionYou are an undercover driver, trying to survive amidst an international war between American and Brazilian gangs. The action takes you to Chicago, Las Vegas, Rio and Havana, all of which are depicted in detail, with curved roads added from the first game.
As before, you have full control over the car as it storms around the streets. A new feature is the ability to get out of the car, and carjack others. This is especially useful when you have fallen victim to the advanced damage modeling.
There is a full sequence of missions to complete, as well as some pre-set challenges and a Free Driving mode allowing you to explore at your leisure.
- "Driver 2 Advance" -- Game Boy Advance title
Part of the Following Groups
- Driver series
- Genre: Open world driving
- PlayStation Platinum Range releases
- Setting: City - Chicago
- Setting: City - Las Vegas
|Could be so much better....||PlayStation||Evil-Jim (151)|
|Now this is a car driving game!||PlayStation||Grant McLellan (545)|
|This is the best game for Playstation.||PlayStation||Jester236 (39)|
The Press Says
|Power Unlimited||PlayStation||Dec, 2000||9.5 out of 10||95|
|Absolute Playstation||PlayStation||2000||87 out of 100||87|
|Gaming Target||Game Boy Advance||Jan 14, 2003||8.3 out of 10||83|
|GameSpot||PlayStation||Nov 13, 2000||8.2 out of 10||82|
|GameZone||PlayStation||Jan 30, 2001||8 out of 10||80|
|Consoles Plus||Game Boy Advance||Dec, 2002||80 out of 100||80|
|Silicon-Fusion.com||Game Boy Advance||Feb 21, 2003||7 out of 10||70|
|PSM||PlayStation||Jan, 2001||6 out of 10||60|
|PSX Extreme||PlayStation||Nov 23, 2000||5.2 out of 10||52|
|IGN||PlayStation||Nov 16, 2000||5 out of 10||50|
There are currently no topics for this game.
Re-releaseSoon after the initial release, Infogrames released a limited edition package containing a revised version of the game as well as some merchandise in a cardbox, not a CD case. The limited edition was even more expensive than the original game.
The reason? Raising the cashflow and the fact that the first version of Driver 2 had many glitches (stuttering graphics at most) which were then removed. Apparently, the programmers needed some more time to fine-tune the 3D engine...
Related Web Sites
- DRIVER 2 (One of the 2 official websites for Driver 2)
- Driver 2---Back on the Streets (One of the 2 official websites for Driver 2)
- IGCD Internet Game Cars Database (Game page on IGCD, a database that tries to archive vehicles found in video games.)
- operationBond's Driver 2 website. (I made this website myself. I am a big fan of Driver 2. Feel free to join the online fan club!)
- Wikipedia: Driver 2 (Information about Driver 2 at Wikipedia)
Game Boy Advance Credits