www.nintendo.com - SNES
A meteorite crashes near the peaceful town of Onett, and a young boy's life is changed forever in Nintendo's role playing game, Earthbound. Earthbound is different, though, than the average sword-wielding RPG. In what other game can you defeat enemies with a frying pan, call a pizza-delivery man, or ask your dad for money? Need to get some cash? Just jog on down to the local ATM and withdraw some money for that great Yo-yo you saw at the drugstore. Similar to other RPG's like Final Fantasy or Dragon Warrior, Earthbound uses a party-based fighting format, and you pick up new members as you explore both your world and others. Earthbound is irreverent, a little silly, and a must have for RPG fans.
Added by Evil Ryu (49941) on Apr 25, 2005
Bizarre aliens roam the earth!!
Intergalactic terror strikes the small town of Onett as a blazing extraterrestrial object crashes in the night! The earth now faces imminent destruction by the universal evil threat known as Giygas!
Armed with a cracked baseball bat, a cookie and an ATM card, a courageous boy named Ness vows to save the planet from hideous destruction. He must first find his heroic companions, Paula, Jeff and Poo, along the way to eight mysterious places called "Your Sanctuary" in order to gain power and put an end to the interstellar threat. The citizens of Onett lend their support by providing high-tech gadgets, robotic time machines, and wacky stories about how strange life has become.
Lurking aliens and inexplicable phenomenon are being reported throughout the countryside. Our four wonderkids band together with innovation, psychic powers and resourceful weapons. Will Ness succeed in his attempts to ambush countless frightening monsters as he travels? The ultimate test lies in the impending encounter with the all-powerful Giygas!!
* A fantastic modern world setting with sci-fi twists where psychic powers rule!
* Battle hundreds of off-the-wall monsters, roaming dinosaurs and alien enemies!
* Journey to exotic locations like Stonehenge, Deep Darkness, and Saturn Valley!
* Battery-backed memory saves the extraordinary progress of our young heroes!
* Find your friends along the way. They are vital to the survival of the universe!
* Incredible 128-page Earthbound Player's Guide provides exclusive tips and important alien secrets! But it doesn't explain the wacky jokes!
Added by J. Michael Bottorff (1814) on Sep 08, 2003