Earthworm Jim HD
One day, in space above Earth, the evil Psy-Crow has trapped a rebel spaceship pilot who had stolen an Ultra-high-tech-indestructible-super-space-cyber-suit, ordered by the evil Queen Pulsating, Bloated, Festering, Sweaty, Pus-filled, Malformed, Slug-for-a-Butt. During the subsequent space fight, the suit falls to Earth, right on Jim, who is mutated into a superhero. He overhears the aforementioned antagonists talking about the whereabouts of the suit and their plans with the Queen's sister Princess What's-Her-Name, and decides to embark on a quest to save the princess.
Gameplay is the same as in the original: Jim can run, jump, float in the air for a brief amount of time, grab on to objects, and shoot enemies with his blaster. In between the normal levels, there are semi-3D races called Andy Asteroids.
The most important change is the reworked graphics. Everything has been re-animated and re-drawn at a much higher resolution and with a slightly different look, based on the work Gameloft already did on the iPhone version. Other changes and additions are:
- 4 difficulty settings (easy, normal, hard, original)
- A new intro cinematic, based on a re-made version of the original comic book story
- New dialogue lines for Earthworm Jim recorded with a new voice actor Scott Shaw, mixed with the existing ones of Douglas TenNapel (the original concept designer, who had no input in this remake)
- Level select option
- Online 4-player cooperative multiplayer in reworked levels better suited for multiple players (changing boss behaviours and a larger level layout)
- Three entirely new stages with new environments and enemies, based on the idea that Jim is fighting inside a computer. These are presented as bonus stages, separate from the original game. They also contain entirely new bosses such as a granny, a swarm of flying creatures and the internet meme based Keyboard Cat.