🕹️ New release: Lunar Lander Beyond

Forums > Game Forums > The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind - Game of the Year Edition > How did I piss off House Hlaalu?

Ace of Sevens (4479) on 7/25/2007 5:17 AM · Permalink · Report

Hpuse Hlaalu says I have betrayed them, but no one will specifically say what I did. I killed the egg poachers, raided the ancestral tomb to the north of the egg mines and talked to some people around Balmora, but didn't kill anyone else or steal anything. Does anyone know what I might have done?

The Fabulous King (1332) on 7/25/2007 10:46 AM · edited · Permalink · Report

Did you join some other house? Telvaani for example? Or killed a random wanderer in the wilds who was a member of House Hlaalu? Might be a bug. Whose tomb did you raid?

No one will actually say what exactly you did. Choices and consequences are very superficial in this game. It's more of a mathematics thing in this game. So that means it could have been anything.

Shoddyan (15003) on 7/26/2007 10:48 AM · Permalink · Report

I can't think of anything that should have triggered that, either the egg mines or the ancestral tomb. I suppose it's possible the egg poachers were members of House Hlaau, but I don't even remember encountering any egg poachers at all... so I can't help you on the specifics (if you know the specific name of the Egg mine or Ancestral Tomb, you can look it up on The Elder Scrolls wiki but bear in mind that site also has lots of spoilers and "under the hood" information the player's not supposed to know :)

Note that it's possible to "betray" a house Hlaalu quest by say... giving an item to one of the other factions. Other than that, some factions instinctively dislike one another (so if you're a member of both, you have to work harder to earn trust)... but I don't think it would trigger the "betrayal" message.

Ace of Sevens (4479) on 7/28/2007 6:58 PM · Permalink · Report

There was a Dunmer pilgrim on the road from Nedayeen to Balmora that I offerred to help find some holy site, though I lost him somewhere. He must have been a member of a different house.

Matt Neuteboom (976) on 7/29/2007 5:08 AM · Permalink · Report

If my memory serves right, isn't it easy to regain a house's trust. Or am I thinking of the guilds?

Ace of Sevens (4479) on 7/29/2007 6:03 AM · Permalink · Report

I just have to give them 500 gold.

St. Martyne (3648) on 7/29/2007 7:44 AM · Permalink · Report

Ah.... >:) The dirty politics of Vvanderfell. One of the reasons I liked the game by the way.

Ace of Sevens (4479) on 7/29/2007 6:56 PM · Permalink · Report

Not mine. They'll tell you they're mad at you, but leave you to guess why. They're worse than women.