DescriptionYou are Rockford, and you have to dig through monster infested caves in search of diamonds. In each level you must collect a certain number of these diamonds, in order to open a portal to the next stage. Enemies can be squashed by falling boulders, which are released when the ground below them is removed or they are pushed onto empty ground, but be careful because these can also squash you. In later levels, difficulty is increased by many puzzle elements and shorter time limits.
- "Boulder Dash Vol. 1" -- iPhone title
- "Boulder Dash - Starring: Rockford" -- Prism Leisure distributed title
- "バルダーダッシュ" -- Japanese spelling
Part of the Following Groups
There are no reviews for the Epoch Super Cassette Vision release of this game. You can use the links below to write your own review or read reviews for the other platforms of this game.
There are no critic reviews for this game.
|Topic||# Posts||Last Post|
|Boulder dash clones||1||Peter Vrenken
Jan 07, 2014
1001 Video GamesBoulder Dash appears in the book 1001 Video Games You Must Play Before You Die by General Editor Tony Mott.
AmigaA real Amiga version of Boulder Dash was never released. But Emerald Mine, a close variant for the Amiga, became very popular.
Arcade versionBoulder Dash was so popular on the home computer that it was ported to an arcade version. Usually, it is the other way around; in that a popular arcade game gets ported to the home system.
Atari 2600 portIn 2012 a port to the Atari 2600 was released as homebrew software with support from First Star Software. The programmers Andrew Davie and Thomas Jentzsch worked for almost a decade to port the game completely on the VCS.
- Commodore Format
- January 1991 (Issue 4) - Listed in the 'A to Z of Classic Games' article (Great)
- Retro Gamer
- October 2004 (Issue #9) – #31 Best Game Of All Time (Readers' Vote)
- May 1985 (Issue 1) - #1 'It's the Zzap! 64 Top 64!'
- January 1990 (Issue 57) – 'The Best Games of the 80's Decade' (Stuart Wynne / Robin Hogg)
There are no game credits on file for this release of the game. Everything in MobyGames is contributable by users.