DescriptionESPN Extreme Games lets the player access three modes of play: Exhibition, New Season or a continuation of a season. Exhibition mode helps the player get to know the courses and equipment as well as get a feel for the controls. New season offers the player the chance to race against sixteen other competitors on any of the four racing machines competing for season points as well as money to upgrade equipment.
Choose between roller blades, a luge (basically a sit-down skateboard), a mountain bike, and the skateboard. The player can also determine which character they want to race with, each one having a unique skill on one of the apparatus. For example one might be top-notch at roller blading but be bad at bike-riding so there is no point choosing the bike with him/her. In a season, the player competes in the five locations - three times, twelve in all and each time the obstacles become more and more tricky to avoid as well as the other racers becoming faster and more agile.
The tracks are:
- Italy - Country roads leading down to a town area;
- Lake Tahoe - Twisting roads and strategically placed haystacks;
- South America - Lots of caves and thin jungle roads;
- San Francisco - Hundreds of obstacles and hills;
- Utah - Falling rocks, secret routes, and some hungry looking crocodiles.
Sony's ESPN license had expired by the time the game's Greatest Hits release came out in 1998, hence it was retitled 1Xtreme (a sequel named 2Xtreme had been released in 1997) and all ESPN logos and video footage were removed from the release.
There are no promo images for this game
- "ESPN Street Games" -- Japanese Title
- "ESPNストリートゲームス" -- Japanese Spelling
- "1Xtreme" -- 1998 Greatest Hits re-release
Part of the Following Groups
- ESPN licensees
- Launch title: PlayStation (North America)
- PlayStation Greatest Hits releases
- Xtreme series
There are no reviews for this game.
|The Video Game Critic||PlayStation||Jan 02, 2004||B+||83|
|Game Players||PlayStation||Nov, 1995||73 out of 100||73|
|CD Player||PlayStation||1996||7 out of 10||70|
|GameSpot||DOS||May 01, 1996||6.8 out of 10||68|
|High Score||DOS||Jul, 1996||3 out of 5||60|
|PC Player (Brazil)||DOS||May, 1996||60|
|Power Play||DOS||Mar, 1996||54 out of 100||54|
|IGN||PlayStation||Nov 21, 1996||5 out of 10||50|
|PC Action||DOS||Mar, 1996||35 out of 100||35|
|PC Games (Germany)||DOS||Mar, 1996||28 out of 100||28|
There are currently no topics for this game.