DescriptionYou take charge of one of the many European countries, doing battle to take the Empire as their own. Much like past titles such as Civilization and Age of Empires, strategy is the key. However, instead of controlling every troop separately, you control groups of troops at a time, and let them do the talking while you move them from territory to territory. The playing time spans between 1492 and 1792.
- "欧陆文明" -- Chinese title (simplified)
- "Европа 1492-1792. Время перемен" -- Russian spelling
- "Evropa 1492-1792: Vremya Peremen" -- Russian title
- "EU" -- Common abbreviation
Part of the Following Groups
The Press Says
|IGN||Mar 20, 2001||9 out of 10||90|
|Gry OnLine||Mar 14, 2001||87 out of 100||87|
|GameSpot (Belgium/Netherlands)||Mar 16, 2001||86 out of 100||86|
|Absolute Games (AG.ru)||Nov 06, 2000||85 out of 100||85|
|CD-Action||Mar, 2001||7.5 out of 10||75|
|Imperium Gier||Oct 10, 2001||7.4 out of 10||74|
|PC Player (Germany)||Nov, 2000||73 out of 100||73|
|Computer Gaming World (CGW)||Jun, 2001||70|
|Gamesmania||2000||60 out of 100||60|
|Retroage||Dec 17, 2014||4 out of 10||40|
There are currently no topics for this game.
Board gameEuropa Universalis is actually the conversion of a little-known board game of the same name, published in 1993 by French company Azure Wish Edition. One group of players gave a very good impression on what kind of game Europa Universalis is when they wrote: »The game board covers a full size dining table, and we expect to use about one year to finish the way we are playing.«
ImportCompuexpert.com imported the BeNeLux (Belgium/Netherlands/Luxembourg) version to the US and was able to offer this game for just $10, significantly below the going price for the US/Canadian version.
InaccuraciesWhat's the deal with the US box cover?
1. Why is their a 13-star American flag featured in the cover art? For a game focused on European politics - one that ends in 1792 - this hardly seems appropriate. The flag of Spain ought to take its place - not having Spain's flag is quite an omission.
2. Why is the St. George's cross of England portrayed as a Scandinavian cross?
3. Who is Nappleon?
Polish versionIn the Polish version of the game there is one bonus scenario - it's about the Swedish invasion in Poland in the 17th century.
Information also contributed by Asterisk, JRK, Kasey Chang and -Chris
Related Web Sites
- Europa Universalis (official website)
- Official Website (This is the official site for Europa Universalis by Paradox Entertainment.)