DescriptionF1 2000 was the last Visual Sciences' F1 racing game to appear on the PlayStation. With an official FIA Formula One license, it includes the full 2000 World Championship season, including the new US Indianapolis Grand Prix and the Jaguar Racing Team.
The game modes features a full championship, quick races, racing weekends, custom grid and time trial modes. In the multiplayer section, you can either go head to head in 2-player split screen sessions, or play a hot-seat time trial mode for up to 22 players.
All cars can be fine-tuned in the pits, and there is clear pit-to-car radio commentary. Full telemetry data is shown for detailed set-up changes. Your best performances can be saved in the replay mode, including race highlights. In this version, the computer opponents now have more realistic racing behaviour, as they make mistakes and have car failures.
There are no promo images for this game
Part of the Following Groups
There are no reviews for this game.
|Power Unlimited||PlayStation||May, 2000||9.6 out of 10||96|
|Absolute Playstation||PlayStation||Apr, 2000||96 out of 100||96|
|GameSpot UK||Windows||Mar 28, 2000||9 out of 10||90|
|GameSpot (Belgium/Netherlands)||Windows||Apr 04, 2000||85 out of 100||85|
|Mega Fun||PlayStation||Apr, 2000||85 out of 100||85|
|PC Joker||Windows||May, 2000||84 out of 100||84|
|Imperium Gier||Windows||Jun 15, 2000||80|
|Fragland.net||Windows||Sep 18, 2002||80.5 out of 100||80|
|IGN||PlayStation||Apr 10, 2000||7 out of 10||70|
|PC Player (Germany)||Windows||May, 2000||62 out of 100||62|
There are currently no topics for this game.
CheatsThe publisher (EA Sports) made the development team take all cheats out of the game. So as far as it is known, no cheats made it into the final retail product.
The following cheat modes were incorporated in development versions:
- Helicopter mode - The car model was replaced with that of a helicopter.
- Tank mode - You could run over other cars and they would become flat
- Missile - You could fire missiles from the front of your car. If a missile hit another car its engine would blow up.
- Sliding Tiles - From the front end you could access a sliding puzzle making use of the 'movie' squares. The 'movie' squares were put into a random order, then you had to slide them back into the correct place
- Produceroids - A simple game of Asteroids using the producer's head instead of asteroids and a F1 car instead of a space ship. The heads shouted "On me 'ead" when you ran over them.
DevelopmentWhilst in development, the PlayStation project was known as Fulcrum.
Information also contributed by Bob Shand
Related Web Sites
- F1 2000 - Official site (The official site for all F1 games published by EA Sports.)
Image Space Incorporated:
Executive in Charge of Production: