Project Zero™2: Crimson Butterfly DIRECTOR'S CUT features brand-new first-person-shooter and survival modes. Add to that enhanced graphics and sound and an array of new features for the unique camera weapon, and you have the most chilling Project Zero game yet!
- New first-person shooter mode: Experience even more realistic and chilling game play.
- New survival mode: Fend off multiple ghosts at one time!
- Camera Obscura: Enjoy expanded features for the game's unique camera weapon.
- And more: New ghosts and costumes as well as enhanced graphics and sound add to the game's chilling intensity.
Contributed by havoc of smeg (15630) on Oct 02, 2010.
See dead people - and photograph them - as Ubisoft brings Tecmo's terrifying survival horror sequel to Europe.
- Completely new storyline, characters and environments
- Defeat supernatural enemies using the powers of the mysterious Camera Obscura
- Terrifying apparitions, unnerving flashbacks and a menacing soundtrack to scare you witless
Question: What could possibly be scarier than helping a lone, unarmed Japanese schoolgirl escape from a mansion haunted by terrifying apparitions? Answer: helping two Japanese schoolgirls escape from an entire village haunted by even more terrifying apparitions. We'd thought that Tecmo's original Project Zero was about as scary as games got, but the Japanese developer has upped the fear factor considerably in Project Zero 2: Crimson Butterfly.
Like the original, Project Zero 2 pits you against hordes of malevolent supernatural entities with nothing more than a camera to protect you. Fortunately, it's no ordinary camera; the Camera Obscura has the power to subdue and trap the errant souls of ghosts. A single button press switches the action from the traditional survival horror third-person perspective to the camera's first-person viewfinder. The longer you keep a spook in your sights, the more damage you'll inflict and, as you progress, you'll come across upgrades and accessories to increase the Camera Obscura's powers. These inventive game mechanics are coupled with some of the eeriest moments ever to grace PS2, making Project Zero 2 a truly unnerving experience.
Technically, Project Zero 2 is actually a prequel, insofar as it's set several years prior to the events of the original PZ. The action begins innocently enough, with sisters Mio and Mayu relaxing in the woods near their childhood home. Things begin to go awry when Mayu, the older and more paranormally sensitive of the twins, spots several crimson butterflies hovering in the distance and decides to follow them. Mio runs after her sister, and the two find themselves in strange surroundings looking down over the lost village. Legend has it that on the eve of a special festival, the entire village simply vanished. While exploring for clues as to their strange new surroundings, the sisters discover that something went seriously wrong in the village that fateful evening. If they're to escape the ill-fated village in one piece, the siblings must unravel the mysteries of the Ritual of the Crimson Sacrifice...
What really sets PZ2 apart from the rest of the pack is its unrelentingly unsettling atmosphere. Compared to action-oriented survival horrors such as Midway's The Suffering, Project Zero 2 is a more of a slow-burning, psychological affair that really gets under the skin. Recent Japanese horror films such as The Ring have clearly influenced the game's look and feel, and a brooding soundtrack, coupled with grainy black and white flashback cut scenes, really help pile on the tension.
Contributed by DreinIX (9399) on Apr 14, 2008.
Angst und Schrecken kehren mit Project Zero 2, dem Nachfolger des Survival-Horror-Klassikers Project Zero auf Xbox zurück. Erneut muss der Spieler Nervenstärke und Kaltblütigkeit unter Beweis stellen und die Zwillingsmädchen Mio und Mayu Amakura sicher durch ein verwunschenes, von Dämonen bewohntes Dörfchen lenken. Schockeffekte, Gänsehaut erzeugende Geräusche und düstere Grafikdarstellung sorgen für ein wahrhaftig erschreckendes Spielvergnügen.
Contributed by Xoleras (66109) on Nov 07, 2005.
The day of a new ritual approaches...
"It's a cracking ghost story and one of the best horror games we've played." PSM2 82%
"Three words survival horror fans, three words: Scary-as-hell." IGN
- A chilling storyline and new characters
- A mysterious Camera is your only weapon
- Extremely frightening visuals and sounds
- More ghastly apparitions to vanquish
Legend tells of a lost village whose population vanished during the eve of a sacred ceremony. Now twin sisters have found themselves trapped in this lost village and are in danger of succumbing to the ritual... of the Crimson Sacrifice.
Sequel to the most frightening game of all time.
W A R N I N G
Do not play this game alone!
Contributed by Daedolon (3207) on Jun 17, 2005.
- New Setting - Brand new, wider settings in a mysterious lost village, opening up new terrifying possibilities. As Mio and Mayu return to a town in which they have spent many of their childhood years.
- New Main Characters - Mio is a young girl who is gifted with a strong sixth sense and desire to look after her twin sister Mayu, who has a twisted leg and an even darker and twisted curiosity which leads her to follow the crimson butterfly.
- Real Time Visuals - More horrifying real time visuals to keep you engrossed in the frightening tale.
- Unique Camera Combat System. The one-weapon combat system is back with the use of an antique camera. The weapon may be the same, but a variety of new features have been added to update the camera making it a more powerful ghost killer than ever before.
Contributed by Indra is stressed (20016) on May 22, 2004.
Terror returns this Fall with Fatal Frame 2: Crimson Butterfly, the sequel to the highly popular survival horror title, Fatal Frame. This time the terrifying journey takes you to a whole new creepy setting, an abandoned village, where you play the role of Mio Amakura, a young girl who is gifted with a strong sixth sense and her twin sister Mayu, who notices a crimson butterfly faintly glowing in the sky.
Mayu, feeling mysteriously compelled to follow the butterfly, chases it into the dark forest. Mio unwillingly follows her sister into the forest's depths. After chasing the crimson butterfly to a clearing in the forest, the two sisters stumble upon a deserted village. Unknown to either sister is that this lost village will become the spooky setting for yet another horrifying tale guaranteed keep you up at night.