Ninety minutes, count them. That's how long you've got in FIFA 06: Road to FIFA World Cup®. It's the difference between taking your team to Germany or your country's early exit from the World Cup, the biggest show on Earth. It's about teamwork, skill, stamina, and pride. Are you up for it? Take part in the European Qualification rounds for the World Cup or create your own custom tournaments. FIFA 06: Road to FIFA World Cup® gives you the opportunity to admire the detail of 72 teams, 1,700 players in nine different stadiums from Europe and the rest of the world.
Contributed by havoc of smeg (15582) on Sep 12, 2010.
We call it football, some call it soccer, and EA SPORTS calls it FIFA 06. For the TOTAL FOOTBALL experience, look no further than FIFA 06. Experience the perfect combination of attacking gameplay, the deepest manager mode, complete customization, and pure authenticity. FIFA 06 gives you as much football as you want, whenever you want.
- Attacking Gameplay: Battle your rivals as the Midfield Maestro using physical play and on-the-ball skill. All-new tackling, dribbling and shielding with the ball gives you complete control on the pitch, while tactical button configurations mean you can execute strategic decisions on-the-fly during play.
- Free kick perfection: The free kick system has been given a complete overhaul. You now control the accuracy, trajectory, and velocity of each set piece shot.
- Play by the rules: Just like in real life, injuries can happen, and the officials will book you (yellow card) for hard fouls, and even send you off (red card) for dangerous play.
- 15-year career mode: Lead your club to glory or sink into obscurity in the 15-year Career mode. You control the budgets, sponsors, coaching staff, roster, transfers, and more.
- All-new FIFA 06 Lounge: Play offline with up to 8-players in the FIFA 06 LOUNGE match up system. Set up competitions via Match Central then take on your friends to find out who can walk the walk. If you do well, you might even earn special rewards.
- Online play: Play online against up to two other players or even enter the FIFA Interactive World Cup to challenge soccer fans from all around the world.
- Complete customization: With the all-new Create-A-Player you can now design a star from scratch, customizing everything from his passing ability to his appearance and body-type. Use My FIFA and Team Management to set each aspect of the game to fit your individual playing style and preferences.
- Officially licensed: The definitive, officially licensed football game featuring more than 21 licensed leagues, 10,000 international world-class players, nine new stadiums, authentic kits (uniforms), and unique multimedia content.
- Authentic commentary:Featuring commentary from Clive Tilsley and Andy Gray.
Contributed by havoc of smeg (15582) on Sep 11, 2010.
EXCLUSIVE MINI-GAMES Change the way you would play with exclusive mini-games.
ATTACKING GAMEPLAY Battle your rivals with physical play and on-the-ball skill that puts you in complete control.
MULTIPLAYER Challenge friends in 4-Player wireless multiplayer mode or head-to-head exhibition play.
AUTHENTICITY Relive key matches from the 2004-2005 season in FIFA 06 challenges mode.
Contributed by havoc of smeg (15582) on Dec 26, 2009.
A new season of officially-licensed football action kicks off on PS2.
- Comprehensive line-up of officially licensed leagues from around the world
- Intuitive gameplay enables you to command every move of your player with pinpoint
- Put your skills to the ultimate test as you play online against other players
EA Sports offers a dazzling combination of authenticity, customisation and gameplay in
bringing the beautiful game to PlayStation 2. FIFA 06 boasts a comprehensive selection of
official leagues from around the world, each one featuring all of the real-life clubs, players
90 minutes of heart-pounding football - with you always in complete control of your squad
- is at the core of this latest FIFA title. Extra time offerings include an immersive
management tool - with everything from signing sponsors and securing transfers, to
building the perfect squad - a create-a-star-player mode, and the chance to customise
every aspect of the game to fit your individual style.
Contributed by DreinIX (9399) on Mar 03, 2008.
Play Well with OthersFIFA 06 brings the total soccer experience to your fingertips with a combination of attacking gameplay, complete customization, pure authenticity and the deepest manager mode ever. Experience 90 minutes of heart-pumping soccer, feel the Team Chemistry of your side and the sense of momentum shift as you battle for supremacy on the pitch.
Contributed by Joshua J. Slone (4616) on Mar 09, 2007.
- All-new Manager Mode
- More than 21 leagues, 10,000 world class players
- Total customization
Shoot & Score
Get your kicks with FIFA 06.
Freddy Adu, Ronaldinho and Omar Bravo are featured on the cover of this year's version of the FIFA franchise.
FIFA 06 brings the total soccer experience to your fingertips. It delivers a combination of attacking gameplay, complete customization, pure authenticity and the deepest manager mode ever.
Command every move of your player with pinpoint accuracy. Passing, shooting and tackling is now more responsive than ever and enables you to trap, shield and dribble like a world-class soccer player. As the Midfield General you control the overarching strategy of the game, dictating the pace and performance of your players as you execute strategic decisions on the fly using the tactical play button configurations.
Master the most immersive management mode ever. Determine the fate of your club in the 15 year career mode. Control club budgets, manage coaching staff and decide on tactical formations or search a new fully-functional transfer market for potential star players of the future. Sign sponsors, scour the transfer market and buy players to build the perfect squad. FIFA 06 delivers the most comprehensive lineup of official licensed leagues from around the world.
Shape FIFA 06 into your own personalized soccer world. With Create-A-Player, you can now design a star from scratch, customizing everything from his passing ability to his appearance and body type. Then take it one step further and use My FIFA and Team Management to set each aspect of the game to fit your individual playing style and preferences.
Contributed by Evil Ryu (58048) on Jun 02, 2006.