DescriptionAnother one of Nintendo's games designed to train your brain. This one is designed to give your eyes a workout - your focus abilities. There are 5 areas of skill training:
- Dynamic Visual Acuity (DVA) - The power to clearly see moving objects.
- Momentary Vision - The ability to gather several bits of information at once.
- Eye Movement - The ability to move your eyes quickly and accurately.
- Peripheral Vision - The ability to see over a wide area.
- Hand-Eye Coordination (HEC) - The ability to recognize and respond quickly and accurately.
The game has a calendar to track when you used the game by giving you stamps when you complete so many games in a particular day. Once you accumulate a certain amount of stamps more activities will be unlocked for you to play.
Here are some of the activities included in the game:
- Symbol Order: Three symbols flash on the screen in any of the 12 boxes. One symbol appears at a time for only a split second. The challenge is to remember each symbol and then enter all three symbols in the order in which they appeared.
- Box Tap: Furiously tap a series of moving red boxes before they disappear. The more you successfully tap, the higher the score.
- Number Flash: In this activity, numbers flash very briefly on the top screen. You must then select the correct number. As the activity gets harder, the number sequence gets longer.
- Box Track: A circle is placed in one of three boxes. The challenge is to follow the box with the circle in it as the three shuffle rapidly on the screen. You must then tap the box with the circle in it.
- Circle Spot: Symbols appear for a split second in 12 boxes arranged on the touch screen. You must tap the only circle among the symbols.
- Letter Count: Quickly memorize the target letter, then count how many times it appears as a fast-moving series of letters moves across the screen.
- Fast Match: Quickly look at the two symbols as they flash on the screen, then decide if they matched by tapping on the touch screen.
- Baseball: Tap the ball on the touch screen as the pitch crosses the plate to score a hit. With each hit, the box gets bigger, making it more challenging to hit the speeding pitch.
- Boxing: Pummel the punch mitt by tapping the center of the target before the sparring partner lowers it. Earn extra points for punching a clean hit in the center of the mitt with perfect accuracy.
- Table Tennis: Slide the stylus across the screen to hit the ball back to your opponent.
There are no Nintendo DS screenshots for this game.
- "見る力を実践で鍛える DS眼力トレーニング" -- Japanese spelling
- "Training For Your Eyes: Hai mai pensato di allenare e rilassare i tuoi occhi?" -- Italian title
- "Training for your Eyes: Entrena y relaja la vista" -- Spanish title
- "Sight Training: Enjoy Exercising and Relaxing Your Eyes" -- UK title
- "Miru Chikara wo Jissen de Kitaeru: DS Mejikara Training" -- Japanese title
- "Gym des yeux: Exercer et relaxer vos yeux" -- French title
- "숨어있는 눈의 힘 DS 안력 트레이닝" -- Korean spelling
- "Augen-Training: Trainieren und entspannen Sie Ihre Augen!" -- German title
Part of the Following Group
There are no reviews for this game.
The Press Says
|Lawrence||Nov 02, 2007||7.2 out of 10||72|
|GameSpot||Oct 19, 2007||7 out of 10||70|
|1UP||Oct 30, 2007||7 out of 10||70|
|NintendoWorldReport||Oct 26, 2007||7 out of 10||70|
|V2.fi||Dec 10, 2007||58 out of 100||58|
|IGN||Oct 15, 2007||5.5 out of 10||55|
|Games Radar||Nov 12, 2007||5 out of 10||50|
|Modojo||Oct 25, 2007||40|
|Jeuxvideo.com||Nov 30, 2007||7 out of 20||35|
|Eurogamer.net (UK)||Nov 26, 2007||3 out of 10||30|
There are currently no topics for this game.
There is no trivia on file for this game.
Related Web Sites
- Flash Focus (Official website)