Advertising Blurbsmagazine advertisement - SNES (US):
You've got the whole world in your hands!
- Control one of 8 planets or randomly generate your very own [screenshot]
- Create forests, swamps, jungles, seas, deserts, rainforests [screenshot]
- Evolve dinosaurs, mammals, reptiles, birds, fish
- Give intelligence to the species of your choice... then watch what happens!
- Experiment with global warming and nuclear war
- 3 levels of difficulty
- Powerful 8 meg Super NES memory chip
- Long life battery saves planet scenarios
- Adapted from the hit PC game Play SimEarth and create new worlds and civilizations... then watch over them for a few Billion years! There's never been another world like the one you build... and there's never been another game like SimEarth. Move mountains, destroy continents. Watch the results of volcanos, earthquakes and tidal waves. Each and every second you'll be making decisions that will have incredible repercussions billions of years into the future!
The Living Planet
(Source: page 5 of "Superman" Issue 78, June 1993)
Contributed by Pseudo_Intellectual (44379) on Mar 06, 2008.
The Most Advanced Software Entertainment Experience
Take charge of an entire planet fro its birth until its death - 10 billion years later. Guide life from its inception as single-celled microbes to a civilization that can reach for the stars.
Inspired by James Lovelock's Gaia hypothesis, Sim Earth simulates the earth as a single living organism.
Contributed by Martin Smith (63168) on Jul 04, 2004.
- You get seven world scenarios plus unlimited random planets. So you'll never be strictly earthbound.
- Mess with the world and it becomes an unhappy place to live. When you're smiling, though, the whole world smiles with you.
- SimEarth plays all your favorite cataclysmic hits. Including volcanos, meteor strikes, earthquakes, and continental drift.
- Find out what precisely makes your world tick. And what'll make it stop ticking.
- Use your animal instincts and your planet will thrive, producing a rich abundance of life.
- Make the wrong decision and you could wipe out life as you know it. Hey, nobody said the job was going to be easy.
TAKE OVER THE WORLD.
The only way to follow an act like SimCity - 1990's runaway Number One game - is to think globally. The result is SimEarth.
Instead of a city to run, SimEarth gives you the reins to the entire planet. Evolution, continental drift, climate, atmosphere, hurricanes, nuclear fallout, acid rain, civilization, and a bunch of other disasters. All the cool stuff you need to rule the world.
Play SimEarth to the end of time. About 10 billion years or so, give or take a millenium. Getting raves everywhere, SimEarth is indeed destined to take over the world.
Contributed by Belboz (6553) on Sep 23, 2001.
Take charge of an entire planet from its birth until its death -- 10 billion years later. Guide life from its inception as singlecelled microbes to a civilization that can reach for the stars.
Contributed by Rodney Lai (513) on Jun 29, 2000.