DescriptionThis game is based on the pen & paper RPG Tunnels & Trolls.
After a four hundred year long war, humans and monsters finally signed a peace treaty, and harmony returned to the Dragon Land - but not for long. The leader of the monsters, the mysterious Lerotra'hh, declared the peace contract was invalid. Monsters began to attack human settlements once again. The only one who can save the humans is the mighty wizard Khazan. Unfortunately, Khazan was imprisoned in his exile. This is where a group of brave adventurers enters the picture, determined to rescue Khazan and defeat the evil.
The party explores the world of Crusaders of Khazan from a top-down perspective, roaming wilderness areas, visiting towns, talking to people, receiving quests, and descending into dungeons. Battles take place on a top-down battle screen, on which characters can move freely and attack enemies in turn-based style. The game features point-and-click interface with multiple windows.
There are no promo images for this game
- "トンネルズ&トロールズ カザンの戦士たち" -- Japanese spelling
Part of the Following Groups
- Gamebook conversions
- Gameplay feature: Character development - Skill distribution
- Gameplay feature: Day / Night cycle
- Gameplay feature: Hunger / Thirst
There are no reviews for the FM Towns release of this game. You can use the links below to write your own review or read reviews for the other platforms of this game.
There are no critic reviews for this game.
There are currently no topics for this game.
JapanAlthough this is clearly a Western game, style-, story-, and gameplay-wise, the first version of Crusaders of Khazan was Japanese, and could be played on a PC-98 computer under Japanese DOS. The game's designer Jon van Caneghem, whose most famous work is Might and Magic series, co-operated with Japanese developers to create a RPG that has had a strong influence on Japanese RPG-making since then.
TranslationAfter signing up with New World Computing, Neal Hallford's first assignment was to work on the translation of this game for the US market. The Japanese developers translated the Japanese texts into English and Hallford had to edit it into proper English. This translation made little sense, and therefore Hallford had to play the Japanese version in order to get some context (without actually speaking Japanese). However, a little later he discovered that the Japanese text was also a translation and New World Computing had a copy of the original English script in the office...
Tunnels & TrollsThis game is a computerized adaptation of Ken St. Andre's pen-and-paper fantasy role-playing game, Tunnels & Trolls.
Information also contributed by Patrick Bregger
Related Web Sites
- Flying Buffalo, Inc. - Tunnels & Trolls (Website of the makers of Tunnels & Trolls)
- Trollgod's Trollhalla (Trollhalla is a private club run by Ken St. Andre for fans of Tunnels & Trolls, the pen & paper fantasy role-playing game created by St. Andre and originally published by Flying Buffalo, Inc. The club charges a membership fee to get in but allows guest access. Ken did not contribute to the T&T: Crusaders of Khazan computer game, but he is the creator of the RPG upon which this game is based.)
- Tunnels and Trolls (Ken St. Andre's personal website dedicated to Tunnels & Trolls, the relatively simple fantasy role-playing game he created as a response to the overly complex (in his opinion) Dungeons & Dragons.)
There are no game credits on file for this release of the game. Everything in MobyGames is contributable by users.