The world is in chaos. After years of neglecting the environment, nature has fought back with devastating effect. Earthquakes, floods and tornadoes have reduced the United States to a mere shadow of its former self, effectively cutting the East and West coasts off from each other. And with division has come dissent. Thousands died and those that survived were forced to adapt to a new way of life. In the East, the path to survival was paved with technology and cybernetic enhancement. In the West, survival of the fittest took on new meaning with stem cell research and genetic modification. These two ideologies and ways of life lead to a division so great that war is the only course of action.
In Fracture™, take on the role of Atlantic Alliance soldier Jet Brody as he goes against the genetically enhanced Pacificans and their fanatical leader General Nathan Sheridan. Unleash the power of terrain-deforming weapons that literally reshape the battlefield before your very eyes, and decimate your enemies with a wide array of weapons with earth-shattering effects.
Reshape the battlefield. Reshape the battle. For the sake of mankind and the future of humanity.
- Reshape the battlefield with terrain-shattering weapons: Experience a dynamic battlefield that is unique every time you play. Use weapons to fracture, crater, freeze, or elevate the earth. Raise and lower terrain to provide cover, discover hidden pathways, and mold the war zone to your own advantage.
- Experience a story of betrayal and revenge: Follow the journey of a patriotic Atlantic Alliance soldier when an act of treason launches him into the battlefield, as forces wage a battle of genetics vs. cybernetics. In a war that divides loyalties and tests the bonds of country and family, this soldier's discoveries will ultimately decide the fate of North America and perhaps the world.
- Play online: Choose the side of the genetically enhanced Pacificans or the cybernetically powerful Atlantic Alliance, then jump online and exploit your side's advantages as terrain deformation and combat elements allow for endless hours of fun.
- Fight for control of familiar locations and landmarks: The last World Wars were fought in Europe, but the next great global war will be fought on American soil. Battle in famous locations across the United States. Defend the Atlantic Alliance in Washington, DC, fight the decisive battle for control of Pacifica in the basin of the now-empty San Francisco bay and uncover the secret that will determine the world's fate in the Southwest Desert.
Added by havoc of smeg has abandoned ship (11118) on Sep 13, 2010
Reshape the battlefield, reshape the battle.
Fracture advances players to the year 2161, where the effects of global warming have altered the planet’s landscape, and a clash in ideologies over human enhancement places society on the threshold of war.
In utilising the core gameplay mechanic of Fracture, a destructive next generation technology known as Terrain Deformation, players are equipped with an arsenal of futuristic weaponry to reshape their surroundings on the fly.
Every action they perform dynamically reshapes the earth in ways no videogame has done so before.
- Use never–before-seen weapons to fracture, crater, freeze, or elevate the earth
- Follow the journey of a patriotic Atlantic Alliance soldier when an act of treason launches him into the lethal battlefield of the 22nd century
- In multiplayer play, choose the side of the genetically enhanced Pacificans or the cybernetically powerful Atlantic Alliance
Added by havoc of smeg has abandoned ship (11118) on May 19, 2010
Back of Keep Case - Xbox 360 (US)
RESHAPE THE BATTLEFIELD. RESHAPE THE BATTLE.In the year 2161, survival of the fittest will take on a whole new meaning. Cybernetically enhanced forces from the east will battle a genetically engineered army from the west, utilizing never-before-seen terrain deforming weapons. The battlefield will never be the same.
TERRAIN DEFORMATIONExperience the earth shattering power. Harness over 12 different weapons each with their own terrain deforming ability.
MULTIPLAYERPlay 8 different modes with up to 12 different players. Terrain Deformation will make every battle unique.
Added by JudgeDeadd (7494) on Aug 01, 2009
The company that brought you Star Wars and Indiana Jones presents a new franchise that combines next-generation game play, an intriguing story line and compelling characters. "Groundbreaking" in more ways than one, Fracture utilizes next generation technology only possible on the Xbox 360 and PLAYSTATION 3.
Fracture advances players to the year 2161, where the effects of global warming have altered the planet's landscape, and a clash in ideologies over human enhancement places society on the threshold of war. In utilizing the core game play mechanic of Fracture, a destructive next-generation technology known as Terrain Deformation, players are equipped with an arsenal of futuristic weaponry to strategically reshape their surroundings on the fly. Every action they perform dynamically reshapes the earth in ways no video game has ever seen.
Players set foot on the front lines of this epic conflict in the role of Jet Brody, a demolitions expert fighting for the Atlantic Alliance, who rely upon cybernetic enhancement. Pitted against the genetically enhanced soldiers of the Pacifican army, players will experience a revolution in 22nd-century warfare. When Brody throws a tectonic grenade onto a level battlefield, the ground blasts upward providing access to otherwise unreachable areas or providing cover against approaching enemies. Surrounded on all sides by Pacifican forces, Brody heaves a vortex grenade, creating a swirling tornado-like mass of boulder, dirt and debris to dispatch his foes. These are just a few samples of the possibilities for Terrain Deformation. Players not only change the battlefield -- they change the face of the battle itself.
Added by Lampbane (1957) on Jan 06, 2009