Back of Case - PlayStation 2 (UK):
With a vicious conflict raging in the streets of America and foreign forces occupying our shores, it's your patriotic duty to join your fellow countrymen in the fight to take back your homeland. Rise through the ranks of the resistance movement to recruit and lead an army of urban guerillas in the battle for New York City against the occupying Red Army. Travel the subways and sewers through the belly of the city, and emerge to fight against overwhelming odds with an arsenal of automatic weapons and other tools of the revolution. From the makers of Hitman 2, Freedom Fighters combines the depth of a squad-based game with the fast-paced intensity of an action game—all of which unfolds on the ultimate urban battleground. This is a fight you must win because only you can give a war-torn Manhattan its freedom!
www.nintendo.com – Nintendo GameCube:
Contributed by havoc of smeg (11975) on Sep 13, 2010.
Lead a squad of angry New Yorkers as they defend the streets against a communist invasion in this action-packed game.
Electronic Arts Australia website - Windows:
In an alternate universe in which the Soviet Union won the Cold War, ordinary citizens have begun to take up arms against the Red Menace. You are Christopher Stone, an average New Yorker who knows his way around his hometown subway system and packs serious firepower.
Heavy weapons like machine guns, rocket-propelled grenades and Molotov cocktails become tools of democracy as you form a squad of freedom fighters.
As a born leader, you will recruit and guide as many as 12 like-minded soldiers. Recruiting is done using a charisma-based point system. When you rescue freedom fighters, capture vital installations or perform heroic deeds, you will earn Charisma Points that are used to recruit more men.
Fierce fighting rages in subways, buildings and out on the streets. As time passes and the seasons change, New York City will look more and more like a war zone. You will also witness weather effects, smoke and detailed lighting effects.
Publisher Electronic Arts promises intuitive controls that allow you to execute critical tasks with the touch of a button. Multiplayer split-screen support is planned for up to four players.
Freedom Fighters sounds like an exciting mix of squad-based combat and intense guerrilla warfare. Check back for more info as the release date approaches.
Contributed by Evil Ryu (51609) on Jul 24, 2005.
Electronic Arts UK website - PlayStation 2:
Back of Case - PlayStation 2/XBox:
Recruit and lead an army of urban guerilla in the streets of New York in Freedom Fighters the new third-person action game.With a vicious conflict raging in the streets of America, with foreign forces occupying our shores, it's your patriotic duty to join your fellow countrymen in the fight to take back your homeland.
- War Transforms Your City and Your Character - Witness the transformation of your character from ordinary citizen to the world's toughest Freedom Fighter. New York City itself slowly degrades into a massive battlefield.
- Battle for the Big Apple - Fight for your city using a variety of weapons including machine guns, rocket-propelled grenades, and Molotov cocktails.
- Enhanced Rendering Technology - An advanced engine renders amazing 3D special effects such as real-time lighting, rain, snow, smoke and explosions.
- The Sound of Freedom - From shouts and commandos barked out in battle to a pace - and mood-setting soundtrack, the rich environment audio draws you into the action.
- Multiplayer Battles - Up to four players can fight for freedom simultaneously in split-screen multiplayer mode.
Contributed by Xoleras (66312) on Jun 27, 2004.