DescriptionFruit Ninja Kinect
is an adaptation of the Fruit Ninja
smartphone game to make use of the Kinect peripheral. The player has to slice different types of fruit by using his arms as a knife or a sword, or optionally also by using feet. The player's scanned outline is shown in the background and the figure follows the player's movement to slice fruit. Fruit appears from the bottom of the screen and it is thrown upwards. Each sliced item provides points and players can perform combos or critical hits for an additional score.
The game offers different game modes:
- Classic: an unlimited game mode with a mix of fruit and bombs. Only three pieces of fruit can fall to the ground or the game is over. Hitting a single bomb ends the game immediately.
- Arcade: similar to Classic but as a timed mode. Fruit can fall to the ground and hitting a bomb clears the screen and subtracts ten points. Unique to this mode is the introduction of three different types of power-ups: freeze (time is slowed down, making it easier to aim), double points, and frenzy (many types of fruit appear at once). Combos can be combined into blitzes. At the end of the round the player often receives a large type of fruit that can be struck up to 50 times and more, for additional points. More points are also awarded through different types of combinations and bonuses at the end of the round.
- Zen: a timed mode but without the danger of letting fruit fall to the ground.
- Challenge: a series of challenges in the three game modes above for the player to progress through. This mode can be played cooperatively with another offline player by taking turns.
- Party: multiplayer mode where two offline players go head to head on a single screen.
Players can unlock different types of scenery, swords, and outlines.
Part of the Following Groups
There are no reviews for this game.
The Press Says
There are currently no topics for this game.
The game was released for free (as a card with a code for a digital download) with each copy of the retail Kinect game The Gunstringer
This entry to the MobyGames database was contributed by Sciere (206112)
on Dec 28, 2011.