The U.S. Army is the most powerful ground force in the entire world -- and the backbone of a ground invasion is the U.S. Army Infantry. In the midst of combat, its soldiers' skills, courage, and teamwork are put to the ultimate test.
- Xbox Live enabled: Team up with a friend and play through the missions online in cooperative mode. Communication is vital when co-ordinating and controlling Alpha and Bravo team independently.
- Trade replays: Swap your mission replays with friends over Xbox Live and you can watch, pause and jump into their game replays to take over the action at any point.
- Groundbreaking new game play: Experience squad-based tactical action with a simple, intuitive interface.
- Artificial intelligence: Full Spectrum Warrior accurately simulates the actions and reactions of soldiers in intense combat environments.
- U.S. Army doctrine: Learn and implement authentic U.S. Army doctrine, as taught to the U.S. Infantry.
- Dynamic environments: A variety of places and varying conditions affect squad effectiveness and tactics.
- Rules of engagement: Game play simulates real-world conditions and alters the difficulty level.
- Squad equipment: Operate real weaponry and equipment currently used by the U.S. Army, as well as near-future technology in development.
- Realistic animations for squad members:Motions for soldiers were modelled after a combat veteran, who is also an active-duty Sergeant in the U.S. Army Rangers
Commissioned by the U.S. Army as a training tool for troops, Full Spectrum Warrior™ is the most realistic portrayal of Infantry-level urban warfare, with unique tactical-action game play.
Contributed by havoc of smeg (13018) on Sep 14, 2010.
Experience the brutal intensity of full-blown urban warfare like never before, as
- 13 intense levels of tactical action and hyper-realistic urban combat
- Groundbreaking AI ensures that squad members look out for themselves and one
- Brandish real world weaponry, including the AK-47 Kalashnikov, M249 Semi-Automatic
Weapon and M203 Grenade Launcher
Pandemic's tactical action masterpiece is deployed to PS2.
Based around a light infantry training simulator designed by Pandemic Studios for the US
Army, Full Spectrum Warrior is probably the most realistic combat experience that you'll
ever have enlisted for. Testing your leadership and tactical decision-making abilities to their
very limits, Full Spectrum Warrior thrusts you into some of the most hostile and
claustrophobic battle environments known to man.
As Squad Leader, you'll be heading up Alpha and Bravo fire teams as you tackle a variety
of military objectives in which teamwork, courage and marksmanship all come to the fore.
Unwary soldiers will soon discover that, in urban warfare situations, the 'gung ho'
approach is rarely the best one; you'll need to use cover within the environment whenever
possible and be constantly wary of snipers.
Your squad (eight soldiers split into two teams of four) is controlled via an intuitive and
simple to use interface. The key to success is launching carefully co-ordinated attacks,
outsmarting and outmanoeuvring the enemy with every chance you get. Be sure that you
never leave squad members exposed or unable to defend themselves - their lives are quite
literally in your hands, in this groundbreaking combat sim.
Contributed by DreinIX (9422) on Mar 27, 2008.
"Schicke Grafik, fetter Sound und eine fesselnde Atmosphäre warten."
PC ACTION 11/2004, 86%
"Aber schon nach der ersten Trainingslektion war mir klar: Der Titel ist der Hammer."
PC GAMES 11/04, 85%
Contributed by Xoleras (66237) on May 28, 2005.
"...prepare for a completely new type of game."
- Team up with a friend on Xbox Live for co-op.
- Command two teams in strategic squad-based combat.
- Official Xbox Magazine
"...the most intense and shell-shocked wargame we've ever played."
BASED ON A TRAINING AID DEVELOPED FOR THE U.S. ARMY
Contributed by JPaterson (9147) on Jun 30, 2004.