Final Fantasy Tactics Advance (Game Boy Advance)

Written by  :  Garland (14)
Written on  :  Jul 10, 2004
Rating  :  3.17 Stars3.17 Stars3.17 Stars3.17 Stars3.17 Stars

read more reviews by Garland

Summary

Big, long lasting, compulsive and enjoyable.

The Good

Where do I start! It looks very cute n colourful and its music is catchy, but maybe a little too tedious as the game only has around 5 tracks (seriously!). Also there is ALOT to do - choosing right equipment, picking missions, customizing units, selecting abilities, and fighting, which most of the game is based. Instead of moving around in a world map and dungeon like environments like most final fantasies, you simply 'click' where you want to go on a symbol based map making the game seam simple, but the battles and the decisions you can make in each one can make it very involving. Also I like the way you can customize your clan and soon get attached to your many members you raise. Also the depth of job classes, secret units, items, weapons, missions and moves make this final fantasy one of the best ever...

The Bad

The battle animations aren’t very far reaching and can get very repetitive; also it takes a long time before you get good moves and equipment... Also you need a lot of free time to play this - I racked 192 hours on it, which is pretty long for a game. The final bad thing about this game is the rubbish storyline and stupid ending ' I’ve played through a 100 odd missions for this!!’ There is a secret ending which is also equally bad! Also there is a general lack of rewards for completing the game - Also its prequel (final fantasy tactics on Sony playstation) is apparently better, but since I have not played this I can not comment on this...

The Bottom Line

It takes a lot of time, has a weak story, but the feeling of involvement and accomplishment is worth it.