DescriptionSet in the Suikoden universe, the game closely follows the story of Suikoden II. The hero is a young member of the Unicorn Brigade of the Highland Army. One night, your camp is attacked. You and your best friend Jowy escape, and the fate takes you into different directions, when you get involved in a war between several nations.
Unlike the main Suikoden games, Gensō Suikoden Card Stories is a card-based RPG. Most of the game is spent playing a special card game with your opponents. The complex card game is not unlike a strategy battle: you have three types of cards, some of which take you to a specific "mission" (you open the game with such cards), while others represent various characters with different strengths and weaknesses. You can acquire cards in shops, get them from your opponents, and also look for them in randomly generated dungeons.
There are no promo images for this game
- "幻想水滸伝カードストーリーズ" -- Japanese spelling
Part of the Following Groups
- Gameplay feature: Multiple endings
- Gameplay feature: New Game+
- Inspiration: Book - Shuihuzhuan / Water Margin
- Inspiration: Literature
- Suikoden universe
There are no reviews for this game.
There are no critic reviews for this game.
There are currently no topics for this game.
Unofficial translationAn unofficial English translation patch for use with a ROM file of the game was released in September 2013.
Related Web Sites
- Suikosource (A fansite that contains a complete list of all the characters in all the games, including their background stories. It also contains information about the game world's time-line and geography as well as fan art and gameplay guides.)
There are no game credits on file for this release of the game. Everything in MobyGames is contributable by users.