Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga (Game Boy Advance)

Written by  :  Classic Nigel (150)
Written on  :  Sep 24, 2006
Platform  :  Game Boy Advance

read more reviews by Classic Nigel

Summary

Finkrats!

The Good

In Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga you play Mario and Luigi together to go to the Beanbean Kingdom to recover Princess Peach’s Voice by a witch named Cackletta and her hilarious assistant Fawful To make a tasty sandwich of doom that is to say steal the Beanstar which grants whatever wish the wielder wishes.

The gameplay consists of using the Mario Brothers together to reach areas and in battle with special what is called Bro. Attacks in which you have to hit a series of button commands to deal damage the more buttons correctly hit the more damage given to your enemy and traditional attacks like the hammer or jumping currency is the form of Gold Coins you heal with mushrooms and get Bro Attack points with Syrup? And 1-Up mushrooms bring back to life this game features a cameo from Professor E. Gadds who you might remember from Luigi’s Mansion.

The graphics are pretty good with 2D characters and environments and I don’t know why but the screenshots made this game’s graphics look bad probably cause it’s a Gameboy game.

The humor in this game is great like how no one recognizes Luigi and Prince Peasly saying “Hurray to your mustaches” or Fawful shouting ’Finkrats” or “I have fright”

The Bad

I can’t say as I found too much wrong with this game some of the areas you go too are annoying.

The Bottom Line

This game is a great RPG for the Gameboy Advance that any even if you don’t care for RPG’s should play.