Metroid Fusion (Game Boy Advance)

Written by  :  Felix Knoke (136)
Written on  :  May 20, 2003
Platform  :  Game Boy Advance

read more reviews by Felix Knoke

Summary

This one turned a handheld-critic to a handheld-fan!

The Good

Some friends almost forced me to play this game - bus when I laid in the bed, connected the GBA to my stereo, adjusted the light and was sucked into this strange, paranoid and very intense world... At first, this is just a simple 2D jump 'n run - but it turnes out to be much, much more! Sound and graphics are well - the gameplay is fantastic! And bonus-thumbs-up for the intuitive controls!

The Bad

Difficult questions! I'd say, that this game is a bit short - but on the other hand, it offers enough replayabilty. And then, there are some bosses, that are invincible for hours - until you find out the right technique, and finish them off in a minute...

The Bottom Line

Classical 2D jump 'n run thru a complex spacestation, where a strange alien virus break free. You have to shoot enemies, turn switched, discover secret rooms&tunnels. Doesn't sound special, huh? But the great gameplay, the gloomy atmosphere and the simple to handle, but powerful controls turn Metroid Fusion into a triple-A title!