DescriptionNeed for Speed is back with more! Drive over 80 different Porsches, from the first 356 Ferdinand to the 2000 911 Turbo over multiple tracks. Some tracks have alternate paths. Others are rally tracks where you go from one end of the track to the other instead of doing circuit racing.
Two completely different single-player modes available. First, there's factory driver, which have you join Porsche as a test driver. As you complete different challenges, which can vary from doing specific manoeuvres in pre-alloted time to racing fellow drivers, you will make your way up to Ace Test Driver. Second, there's Evolution, which is the "career mode", you start with enough money to buy one 356, and start racing. As you win races, time will pass, new cars will become available, or you can peruse the used car market. Buy/repair/sell cars, win races, buy enhancement parts for your car, and make your way to the end of the modern era...
You can also play online via EARacing.com, where you can pick customized cars in your Evolution stable or choose stock cars and race up to 7 other cars simultaneously.
The graphics have been enhanced and the physics model changed to reflect a true 4-point system, and you can feel the difference between the different vehicles.
- "极品飞车：保时捷之旅" -- Chinese spelling (simplified)
- "NFS 5" -- Common abbreviation
- "Need for Speed V" -- Informal name
- "Need for Speed: Porsche 2000" -- European title
- "Need for Speed: Porsche" -- German/Latin American title
Part of the Following Groups
- Automobile: Porsche 911
- Automobile: Porsche 959
- Automobile: Porsche Boxster
- Need for Speed series
- PlayStation Platinum Range releases
There are no reviews for the Game Boy Advance release of this game. You can use the links below to write your own review or read reviews for the other platforms of this game.
The Press Says
|N-Zone||Mar 16, 2004||67 out of 100||67|
|IGN||Mar 29, 2004||6 out of 10||60|
|DS-x2||Oct, 2005||5.9 out of 10||59|
|Nintendojo||2004||5 out of 10||50|
|Jeuxvideo.com||May 04, 2004||7 out of 20||35|
There are currently no topics for this game.
TriviaIn the German gaming magazine PC Player (issue 01/2001) Need for Speed: Porsche Unleashed was named as "Best Racing Game in 2000".
Related Web Sites
- IGCD Internet Game Cars Database (Game page on IGCD, a database that tries to archive vehicles found in video games.)
- Wikipedia: Need for Speed: Porsche Unleashed (Information about Need for Speed: Porsche Unleashed at Wikipedia)