DescriptionPokémon Emerald is the fifth Pokémon game of the advanced generation, after its predecessors Ruby, Sapphire, FireRed, and LeafGreen. It takes place in the world of Hoenn but can also connect with Kanto-based games FireRed and LeafGreen as well. Like Pikachu and Suicune were for Yellow and Crystal respectively, Rayquaza plays a vital role in this game along with the other Legendaries, Groudon and Kyogre. Though similar to the original storyline that occurs in Hoenn, Emerald offers more changes than Yellow and Crystal.
In terms of gameplay, there have been several alterations to the game:
- Ability to catch Rayquaza before the Elite Four, as well as both Groudon and Kyogre after it.
- Changes to catching the Regis.
- Ability to catch either one of Latios or Latias.
- New outfits for the characters.
- New Pokémon animations.
- Ability to enter the Safari Zone Extension, where you can catch Johto (the world of Pokémon Gold, Silver and Crystal) Pokémon like Houndour and Miltank.
- The Battle Frontier, an island full of different battle stadiums.
- Ability to get both of the Claw and Root fossils.
- "Pokémon Versione Smeraldo" -- Italian title
- "Pokémon Version Emeraude" -- French title
- "Pokémon Smaragdedition" -- German title
- "Pokémon Edición Esmeralda" -- Spanish title
- "Pocket Monsters Emerald" -- Japanese title
- "ポケットモンスター エメラルド" -- Japanese spelling
Part of the Following Groups
- Gameplay feature: Botany, Farming, Gardening
- Gameplay feature: Fishing
- Gameplay feature: Monster capture / training
- Games made into comics
- Games made into TV series
- Pokémon main RPG series
- Pokémon universe
|What Yellow and Crystal were for previous games, now for Ruby and Sapphire.||Rensch (203)|
The Press Says
|Games Master||Dec, 2005||86 out of 100||86|
|GameSpy||May 03, 2005||80|
|IGN||May 03, 2005||8 out of 10||80|
|Game Informer Magazine||Jul, 2005||7.75 out of 10||78|
|Meristation||Oct 18, 2005||7.5 out of 10||75|
|Jeuxvideo.com||Oct 21, 2005||15 out of 20||75|
|Gamekult||Oct 20, 2005||7 out of 10||70|
|Legendra||Nov 12, 2007||70|
|Nintendo Life||Oct 02, 2010||70|
|Gamers.at||Jul 13, 2005||66 out of 100||66|
There are currently no topics for this game.
- 2005 – GBA Multiplayer Game of the Year
Related Web Sites
- Pokèmon Elite 2000 (A Pokèmon fan site good at covering the latest news about coming and existing Pokèmon games.)
- Pokémon Emerald (Official game web site by Nintendo of America.)
- Psypokes (A comprehensive Pokémon site that pretty much covers everything there is to know about the games.)