Pokémon LeafGreen Version Ad Blurbs (Game Boy Advance)
Six years after the original Pokémon Red Version and Pokémon Blue Version, this pair of titles for the Game Boy Advance system introduced Pokémon to a new group of gamers. These titles also shipped with a wireless adapter for Game Boy Advance, making it the first handheld to have such technology.
Get set to return to where it all started—Pokémon FireRed Version and Pokémon LeafGreen Version head back to the Kanto region, the home of Pokémon Red and Pokémon Blue. Thanks to the capabilities of the Game Boy Advance system, the locales, Pokémon, and animations are greatly improved since the last installment.
Pokémon FireRed and Pokémon LeafGreen finally unite all the worlds of Pokémon, making it possible to catch and keep every single Pokémon in one game! You'll need a little help from Pokémon Ruby Version and Pokémon Sapphire Version, as well as Pokémon Stadium, but if it were too easy it wouldn't be fun! To aid in trading Pokémon, Pokémon Ruby and Pokémon Sapphire come with a device for your Game Boy Advance that lets you trade Pokémon wirelessly. You can also chat or battle without the need for Game Link cables, too!
Veterans of Pokémon Red and Pokémon Blue will appreciate that all the improvements made since the first visit to the Kanto region are available. Plus, there are different places to explore, most notably the Sevii Islands, where you can catch special Pokémon that don't exist anywhere else in Kanto!
Contributed by Michael Cassidy (17977) on Jul 05, 2015.
- Return to the world of Kanto originally explored in Pokémon Red and Pokémon Blue, where the adventure is brought to life better than ever with dazzling GBA graphics and dozens of surprising new features.
- Experience the original duo's plot, prove yourself in the region's Pokémon League while single-handedly bringing down Team Rocket, plus pursue major new storylines that will add unexpected twists.
- Once you prove yourself, you'll be able to bring the Pokémon you caught from Pokémon FireRed and Pokémon LeafGreen into Pokémon Ruby, Pokémon Sapphire and Pokémon Colosseum!
- Use the GBA wireless adapter to trade, battle and connect with your fellow Trainers wire-free!
- You can connect Pokémon Ruby/Sapphire to Pokémon FireRed/LeafGreen and trade/battle Pokémon between the games.
- You can currently connect a Pokémon Ruby or Sapphire GBA Pak to the Pokémon Colosseum GCN game to trade/battle Pokémon between the two systems.
- Shadow Pokémon that you Snag in Pokémon Colosseum's Story Mode can be used for competitions in Pokémon Colosseum's Battle Mode.
- Trade/battle Pokémon between Pokémon FireRed/LeafGreen and Pokémon Colosseum for the first time.
Return to KantoGo Back to the Future with Pokémon FireRed and Pokémon LeafGreen!
Pokémon FireRed and LeafGreen are set in Kanto, the region where Pokémon first took root and exploded into a major phenomenon, and the latest titles stuff in tons of exciting new features.
When used with the Wireless Adapter, Pokémon FireRed and LeafGreen make you the hub of a thriving wireless community of Pokémon players. As other wireless Trainers come within reach of your adapter's range, you can communicate and play games together. As players leave your range, they vanish from your wireless network. It's an unbelievably cool way to tap into the fantastic power of the Pokémon gaming community.
Much of the wireless gaming in Pokémon FireRed and LeafGreen is concentrated in the Kanto region's Pokémon Centers, where you can join up to 39 other wireless Trainers in the Union Room for a free-for-all, or connect with just two or three in the Direct Corner. Check out the Screenshots Gallery to see images of this new feature in action.
The Big Picture
With Pokémon FireRed and LeafGreen now available, the Pokémon games are connecting to create one gigantic Pokémon world. Provided that all gameplay requirements are met, you can:
Gotta Breed 'Em All
We've witnessed many a debate over which region's got the greatest "starter Pokémon," and Pokémon Gold and Pokémon Silver fans always argue that Cyndaquil, Chikorita and Totodile reign supreme. Don't you wish you could settle that argument with a Pokémon Colosseum battle? You can. In Pokémon Colosseum's Story Mode, you can snag the triad's next evolutionary step -- Quilava, Bayleef and Croconaw, respectively -- then send them to Pokémon Ruby and Sapphire, where you can breed them in Hoenn's Day Care.
If you breed a female Pokémon with a male that has a compatible Egg Type, you'll be sure to hatch the female Pokémon's earliest evolutionary form. With it, you can settle the "starter Pokémon" score anywhere you want: in Hoenn or back in Orre!
Pokémon FireRed and LeafGreen revolutionize the Pokémon universe and prove once again that the Pokémon franchise delivers some of the most intense RPG action available anywhere! So what are you waiting for? Start your own Pokémon adventure today with Pokémon FireRed and Pokémon LeafGreen!
Contributed by Evil Ryu (64716) on Jun 21, 2006.