DescriptionPokémon is back for another round catching and training! You're the new guy (or girl) in Littleroot Town, and the newest generation of Pokémon trainers. Professor Birch sends you on your way in your journey, with one of your choice of 3 starter Pokémon. There's Treecko (A grass-type chameleon-like little guy) Torchic (a Fire-type bird) and Mudkip (a Water-type amphibious creature).
Now, you've got a whole new world to explore in Hoenn, with eight new gyms and two-on-two battles, opening up a whole new myriad of tactics! New items, new Pokémon (over 350!!), and a new Pokédex to boot too! And of course we have our new villains, the nefarious Team Magma, who plan on submerging the world in water in order to call out the Legendary Groudon!
Only one person can stop them and become the ultimate Pokémon Master... You!
- "Pokémon Version Rubis" -- French title
- "Pokémon: Rubin-Edition" -- German title
- "Pokémon Edición Rubí" -- Spanish title
- "Pocket Monsters Ruby" -- Japanese title
- "ポケットモンスター ルビー" -- Japanese spelling
Part of the Following Groups
- Gameplay feature: Botany, Farming, Gardening
- Gameplay feature: Creature breeding / fusion
- Gameplay feature: Day / Night cycle
- Gameplay feature: Fishing
- Gameplay feature: Gambling
- Gameplay feature: Importable characters
- Gameplay feature: Monster capture / training
- Games made into comics
- Games made into movies
- Games made into TV series
- Pokémon main RPG series
- Pokémon universe
|Gotta catch 'em all.... Hoenn's got 'em all!||WindFighter SSK (20)|
|IGN||Mar 17, 2003||9.5 out of 10||95|
|Portable Review||Jul 12, 2006||37 out of 40||92|
|GameSpy||Mar 17, 2003||90|
|Thunderbolt Games||Sep 13, 2004||9 out of 10||90|
|NintendoWorldReport||Mar 17, 2003||8.5 out of 10||85|
|Gamers.at||Aug 23, 2003||83 out of 100||83|
|Gamestyle||2006||8 out of 10||80|
|Legendra||Nov 12, 2007||70|
|Diehard GameFan||Dec 17, 2002||6.5 out of 10||65|
There are currently no topics for this game.
1001 Video GamesPokémon Ruby appears in the book 1001 Video Games You Must Play Before You Die by General Editor Tony Mott.
AnimeThe girl character in Pokémon Ruby/Sapphire became the basis for Haruka, one of the new characters to appear in the sixth anime series of Pocket Monsters: Pokémon Advance Generation. It was scheduled to debut in the U.S. in the fall of 2003, and Haruka's name was changed to May. Team Magma and Team Aqua were the subjects of several episodes in this series, and the boy character received a number of cameos.
ROM HackingPokémon Ruby Version and its counterparts, Sapphire and Emerald, have become popular games among ROM hackers, and are the focus of large and dedicated hacking communities. Several completed hacks have become well-known across the internet, and many specialized programs and scripts have been developed to assist ROM hackers for these titles.
SalesIn 2003 Pokémon Ruby Version won the Gold-Award from the German VUD (Verband der Unterhaltungssoftware Deutschland - Entertainment Software Association Germany) for selling more then 100,000 (but less then 200,000) units in Germany, Austria and Switzerland.
In addition, in the first quarter of 2004, the game also won the VUD Platinum-Award for selling more then 200,000 units.
Note: The Platinum-Award does not replace the Gold-Award, but is in addition. Therefore it equals more then 300,000 sold units in total.
- 2003 – #7 Game Boy Advance Game of the Year (together with Pokémon Sapphire Version)
Related Web Sites
- Pokèmon Elite 2000 (A Pokèmon fan site good at covering the latest news about coming and existing Pokèmon games.)
- Psypokes (A comprehensive Pokémon site that pretty much covers everything there is to know about the games.)