- Become the world's greatest Pokémon Master by defeating the region's top Pokémon Trainers and Gym Leaders.
- Develop detailed strategies as you compete in all-new 2-on-2 Pokémon battles.
- Discover dozens of Pokémon you've never seen before as you explore the region of Hoenn.
- See how your Pokémon stack up against the competition in new Pokémon Contests!
Gotta Catch 'Em All!
The Quest to Become a Master Trainer Continues on Game Boy Advance!
The next generation of Pokémon games are bigger, better, and more addictive than ever before! Pokémon Ruby and Pokémon Sapphire feature an all-new storyline, awesome new Pokémon and the same great RPG gameplay that has made the series so successful. The race to Catch 'Em All is on again!
One of the coolest new additions to Pokémon Ruby and Pokémon Sapphire is the 2-on-2 battle system. Link up with three friends to battle in teams, or battle two Trainers at once as you travel through Hoenn. Since each Pokémon offers a unique combination of strengths and weaknesses, doubling the number that can battle at once adds immeasurably to the games' richness and depth.
Pokémon Contests are a totally new feature in Pokémon Ruby and Sapphire. These special events are like best-of-show competitions for your prized Pokémon. At each Pokémon Contest, you compete against three Pokémon in five kinds of contests -- Cool, Beauty, Cute, Smart and Tough. Each contest type emphasizes certain Pokémon conditions, and each contest has four ranks -- Normal, Super, Hyper and Master -- that a Pokémon must pass through on its way to the top.
The region of Hoenn is home to dozens of Pokémon you've never seen before, along with some returning favorites as well. To collect them all, you'll need to explore every last nook and cranny of the region, and of course you'll also have to trade with your friends. At the beginning of the game, you'll get to choose one of three new Pokémon to start your collection: Treecko, a Grass-Type Pokémon; Torchic, a Fire-Type Pokémon; and Mudkip, a Water-Type Pokémon.
Pokémon Ruby and Sapphire truly take the Pokémon experience to the next level. With new Pokémon, 2-on-2 battles, an all-new region to explore and a ton of other advances, Pokémon Ruby and Sapphire are the perfect match for any RPG fan -- whether you're a Pokémon fanatic.
Contributed by Evil Ryu (57870) on Aug 25, 2005.
Immerse yourself in the beautiful region of Hoenn, a place of masterful heroes nad mysterious teams, of friendship and battles. As the new kid in town, you set off on your journey as a Pokemon Trainer. Who knows what wonders and dangers await you? Now it's time to grab your gear and head out on your own ...
- Over 200 Pokemon appear with over 100 new discovered species -- you'll have to link up and trade with a friend who has Pokemon Sapphire Version to catch them all!
- 2-on-2 battles -- use two of your Pokemon in battle at the same time!
- Engage in intense multi battles with up to four friends!
- Pokemon Contests let you groom your Pokemon to be the Best of Show!
- Stunning Game Boy Advance graphics display the world of Pokemon with more detail than ever!
Contributed by Kartanym (10766) on May 06, 2003.