Tekken Advance (Game Boy Advance)

Teen
Misc
2.9
Written by  :  DANIEL HAWKS ! (1928)
Written on  :  Oct 24, 2007
Rating  :  3.67 Stars3.67 Stars3.67 Stars3.67 Stars3.67 Stars

read more reviews by DANIEL HAWKS !

Summary

I wish I didn't sell it.

The Good

Tekken Advanced has got to be the best handheld fighting game next to Tekken Dark Resurrection. The game somehow manages to move and flow just like its arcade, and Playstation counterparts. The controls are dead on accurate, and you can still do almost ALL the moves from previous games! I preferred Jin's three hit spinning kick and tiger paw myself. The sound is very reminiscent of Tekken three, and sounds quite good. I was pleased to find most of the voice samples were lifted directly from the other games, because I would have been very ticked off if Law didn't sound like Law. The graphics are amazing. The snow level is one the best Teken levels I have ever seen. PERIOD ! The characters aren't in polygons , but it doesn't matter that much as long as they all the same in costume as the Playstation versions. All in all, a great value.

The Bad

Only NINE characters. With the unlockable character being Mr. always the end boss as him. And the characters look terribly pixelated when they close up on them. And not even still story frames at the end of the game. And I'm still kicking my Eddy Gordo style for selling this game.

The Bottom Line

I you want a portable fighter , get this AND NEVER LET IT GO!!!!!! And if you don't, well, go play Tekken five , I don't know!