Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 (Game Boy Advance)

2.3
Written by  :  ThE oNe (178)
Written on  :  Nov 17, 2002
Platform  :  Game Boy Advance

read more reviews by ThE oNe

Summary

Proves yet again that SNES games can't perfectly translate to GBA

The Good

When I rented this game, I expected more from Mortal Kombat. It was, as I had heard, a translation of Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3, and I thought it would be cool. There were good parts to it"

The graphics were summed up nicely. Characters look almost identical to their SNES originals. Playing the game is also very fun, and while the gameplay is not the same as the SNES (VERY not the same) it still goes for a good game. There are lots of characters to choose from, and the stages are created nicely.

The Bad

There were also many bad parts:

It is HARD! I started the game and picked my favourite character, Sektor, and went to the first level. I was matched against Scorpion, who kept on teleporting and punching, then doing his little spear thing. Over and over. It was so frustrating I stopped trying and yelled at the GBA. You would think that MKA would try a little to actually give players a chance to PLAY the game.

Also, where is the link up play? I would think for a fighting game like this they would allow two player linking. That would have been a huge plus to the game.

The Bottom Line

While not exactly a bad game, it definitely isn't good. The gfx and playability was nice, but it still had major drawbacks. I recommend this game even though it has many, MANY flaws. A good try to transform UMK3 to the GBA, but it wasn't perfect. My Score - 3 / 5