DescriptionPokémon Crystal is an upgrade of the parallel Pokémon Gold and Pokémon Silver. The game is to its parallels like Pokémon Yellow: Special Pikachu Edition and Pokémon Emerald are to to theirs. This means that the storyline, characters, and gameplay are basically the same, only there have been made several updates and changes to make this game more exciting and fun.
- The player can now play as both a male and a female character.
- The Pokémon Suicune plays a much bigger role, both as a character and a Pokémon. The player will meet it earlier and be able to catch it easier at Tin Tower as well as encountering it three times before.
- New characters: Eusine, The Poké Seer and more.
- New interface, a sign will appear at the bottom of the screen when entering a new area showing where the player is (route, area).
- New animations: Pokémon move when entering combat screen.
- New Pokémon locations, exceptions, moves and additions.
- "Pokémon X" -- Working Title
- "Pokémon Versione Cristallo" -- Italian title
- "Pokémon Version Cristal" -- French title
- "Pokémon Kristall-Edition" -- German title
- "Pokémon Edición Cristal" -- Spanish title
- "Pocket Monsters Crystal" -- Japanese title
- "ポケットモンスター クリスタルバージョン" -- Japanese spelling
Part of the Following Groups
- Gameplay feature: Creature breeding / fusion
- Gameplay feature: Day / Night cycle
- Gameplay feature: Fishing
- Gameplay feature: Gambling
- Gameplay feature: Importable characters
- Gameplay feature: Monster capture / training
- Games made into comics
- Games made into movies
- Games made into TV series
- Games released as complementary versions
- Pokémon main RPG series
- Pokémon universe
|Girl Power!||Lawnmower Man (140)|
|Gaming Target||Aug 07, 2001||9.6 out of 10||96|
|Consoles Plus||Feb, 2001||90 out of 100||90|
|GameSpot||Jul 30, 2001||8.4 out of 10||84|
|Gamezone (Germany)||Oct 31, 2001||7.5 out of 10||75|
|Jeuxvideo.com||Oct 30, 2001||15 out of 20||75|
|Game Informer Magazine||Oct, 2001||7.25 out of 10||72|
|Legendra||Oct 21, 2007||70|
|RPGFan||Sep 09, 2001||70 out of 100||70|
|Game Informer Magazine||Oct, 2001||6.75 out of 10||68|
|Gaming Age||Aug 16, 2001||C||50|
There are currently no topics for this game.
"Vietnamese Crystal" BootlegA pirated version of the game, colloquially called Pokémon Vietnamese Crystal due to the country in which it was first known to be sold, became infamous after being featured in a Let's Play series on YouTube. The game is based on the official Japanese release, and seems to have been translated to at least one intermediate language before being translated into English. This has resulted in numerous mistranslations that are widely regarded to be comedic, as well as several severe bugs that make it difficult to play the game to completion.
- Retro Gamer
Related Web Sites
- Pokèmon Elite 2000 (A Pokèmon fan site good at covering the latest news about coming and existing Pokèmon games.)
- Psypokes (A comprehensive Pokèmon site that covers all there is to know about the Pokèmon games.)