Pokémon Crystal Version Ad Blurbs (Game Boy Color)
Advertising Blurbswww.nintendo.com - Game Boy Color:
Delve into the mysterious world of Pokémon Crystal! Although this unique companion to Pokémon Gold and Silver shares many of the exciting adventures and challenges of its predecessors, a host of new changes, both big and small, add up to a brand-new experience. Here are a few of the many new features you'll find in Pokémon Crystal:
· For the first time, you can play as a boy or a girl aspiring to Pokémon mastery. Each comes with a distinctive Poké Pack and PokéGear and even receives different phone calls.
· If you're an experienced player, you'll be eager to strike out for the all-new Battle Tower near Olivine City. Here you can take on waves of Pokémon Trainers, each with teams of Pokémon set at specific levels. You can win valuable items -- but first you'll have to prove your battling skill!
· Locations and frequencies of wild Pokémon have changed greatly from Gold and Silver. You'll also notice subtle changes in level-up abilities for some Pokémon, especially Suicune.
· Hot new radio personality Buena gives you the chance to collect great items - but you'll have to drop by the Radio Tower nightly.
· If you register another Trainer's phone number, they just might call and offer you a rare stone.
· Your knowledge of Pokémon is put to the test in Blackthorn City, where Gym Leader Clair sends you to the Dragon's Den to take the Trainer Challenge. Answer questions about Pokémon correctly to earn the Rising Badge.
· In the Tin Tower, just north of Ecruteak City, you'll encounter the Wise Trio standing sentinel over a Suicune. After this group of elders tells you of a mystical Clear Bell and the legend of the area's two towers, they'll test you in a Pokémon battle. Trounce the trio for a rare chance to capture the very rare Pokémon they're guarding and meet Eusine, an elusive Pokémon Trainer with a most unusual interest in Suicune.
· Other new characters include the Poké Seer, who can tell you where and when you obtained a Pokémon in Crystal Version and how happy it is, and the Move Tutor, who appears outside the Game Corner in Goldenrod City after you've squared off against Red in Mt. Silver. The Move Tutor can teach very cool abilities, but he charges a very steep price!
· And, deep beneath the Ruins of Alph, lie secret rooms that have been unseen for ages. Can you unlock the code and solve the great mystery of the Unown?
Here are some of the great features Pokémon Crystal shares with the Gold and Silver versions:
· Explore Johto, a giant, all-new world bristling with strange sights and exotic adventures
· A real-time clock tracks your progress. Many events only take place on certain days or morning, day or night.
· You can breed a male and female Pokémon to obtain an Egg, which hatches into all-new pre-evolved forms of Pokémon.
· Two new types of Pokémon: Dark and Steel.
· Pokémon can carry items that boost certain abilities or have healing properties.
· You can trade Pokémon with Pokémon Gold or Silver. With some restrictions, you can also trade with Pokémon Red, Blue or Yellow.
· All-new PokéGear includes a radio tuner and cell phone. Your Mom, friendly Trainers and others will call you with tips and other helpful messages. You can call them, too.
· Swap cool Mystery Gifts with friends via your infrared ports.
· Print Pokédex selections with your Game Boy Printer (not included).
· Transfer Pak compatible with Pokémon Stadium 2. (Not compatible with Pokémon Stadium.)
Be sure to visit the Pokémon Crystal site at http://www.pokemoncrystal.com for more information about this great new Pokémon adventure! While you're there, you can enter the Ruins of Alph Sweepstakes for a chance to win a trip to explore Mayan ruins in Mexico! (Sweepstakes ends Sept. 15, 2001.)
Contributed by Michael Cassidy (18113) on Jun 16, 2016.
The last of the Game Boy Color Pokémon games, Pokémon Crystal Version sent the classic system off in style.
On the surface, Pokémon Crystal Version is a lot like Pokémon Gold Version and Pokémon Silver Version, in that the story takes place in Johto and the adventure takes you down a familiar path. But, digging deeper, you'll see that Pokémon Crystal has plenty of aspects that have revolutionized Pokémon games. Pokémon Crystal is the first Pokémon game where you can choose to play either as a boy or girl, and it's also the first Pokémon game to feature a Battle Tower, a central location for hordes of the toughest Trainers in the land!
Pokémon Crystal features animated introductions for each Pokémon when they are brought to the heat of battle, as well as other graphic improvements you'll notice as you roam the Johto region. While doing so, keep an eye out for Pokémon in different locations and Legendary Pokémon that can be caught only by the most talented Trainers!
Contributed by Michael Cassidy (18113) on Jul 05, 2015.
- Unlock the mysteries of the Unown! All-new puzzles and rewards await you in the Ruins of Alph!
- Fight through the Battle Tower, a challenging tournament featuring Johto's best trainers!
- For the first time, play as a male or female trainer!
- Trade with Gold, Silver, Red, Blue, and Yellow versions to catch 'em all!
(Requires Game Link’ cable, sold separately. Gold & Silver series Pokémon cannot be traded back to Red, Blue or Yellow versions.)
- Compatible with Pokémon Stadium 2’ for the Nintendo 64! (Not compatible with Pokémon Stadium.)
The latest in the Gold & Silver series!Travel back to the world of Johto as the Gold & Silver series continues with brand-new features! Whether you're reading the fresh descriptions in your Pokédex, using the unique sort function to organize your Pokémon in new ways, watching the all-new battle animations, or discovering another way to capture Suicune, you'll need all of your Poké-skills to master Pokémon Crystal on your Game Boy® Color!
Only the best trainers can master the new Battle Tower!
New female trainer Kris faces the Unown.
Contributed by Ben K (23038) on Jan 25, 2006.
The latest in the Gold and Silver series!
Travel back to the world of Johto as the Gold and Silver series continues with brand-new features! Whether you’re reading the fresh descriptions in your Pokédex, using the unique sort function to organize your Pokémon in new ways, watching the all-new battle animations, or discovering another ways to capture Suicune, you’ll need all of your Poké-skills to master Pokémon Crystal on your Game Boy® Color!
Unlock the mysteries of the Unown! All-new puzzles and rewards await you in the Ruins of Alph!
Fight through the Battle Tower, a challenging tournament featuring Johto’s best trainers!
Trade with Gold, Silver, Red, Blue and Yellow versions to catch ‘em all! (Requires Universal Link’ Cable, sold separately. Gold & Silver series Pokémon cannot be traded back to Red, Blue or Yellow versions).
Compatible with Pokémon Stadium 2’ for the Nintendo 64! (Not compatible with Pokémon Stadium).
Contributed by Evil Ryu (65541) on Oct 07, 2005.