DescriptionPokémon Gold takes place several years after Red, Blue and Yellow, and puts the user into a brand new world, Johto. The gameplay is very similar to the previous games, but with several improvements. These include new functions for the player's PokéGear, a Pokédex that can now be sorted by evolution type, and, of course, new Pokémon. Once again, the objective of the game is to become the champion trainer, and try to complete the Pokédex. To become the champion, the player battles Gym Leaders to obtain various badges. Completing the Pokédex requires a different set of actions, and involves capturing wild Pokémon, battling various trainers to obtain money, and trading Pokémon with NPC's and other owners of Pokémon games.
- "ポケットモンスター 金" -- Japanese spelling
- "Pokémon Goldene Edition" -- German title
- "Pokémon Edición Oro" -- Spanish title
- "Pokémon: Attrapez-les tous! - Version Or" -- French title
- "Pocket Monsters Kin (Gold)" -- Japanese title
- "Pocket Monsters 2: Gold" -- Working Title
Part of the Following Groups
- Gameplay feature: Monster capture / training
- Games made into books
- Games made into comics
- Games made into TV series
- Pokémon main RPG series
- Pokémon universe
The Press Says
|IGN||Oct 16, 2000||10 out of 10||100|
|Pixel-Heroes.de||Dec 05, 2010||10 out of 10||100|
|Edutaining Kids||Jun, 2001||A||100|
|Deaf Gamers||2001||9.8 out of 10||98|
|Gaming Target||Nov 03, 2000||9.6 out of 10||96|
|Super Play||Apr, 2001||9 out of 10||90|
|Jeuxvideo.com||Apr 02, 2001||16 out of 20||80|
|Electric Playground||Nov 14, 2000||7.5 out of 10||75|
|Legendra||Oct 21, 2007||70|
|Gamekult||Apr 02, 2001||6 out of 10||60|
There are currently no topics for this game.
- Retro Gamer
Related Web Sites
- Pokèmon Elite 2000 -- A Pokèmon fan site good at covering the latest news about coming and existing Pokèmon games.
- Psypokes -- A comprehensive Pokémon site that pretty much covers everything there is to know about the games.