Super Mario Bros. Deluxe (Game Boy Color)

Written by  :  Eri Bellis (2)
Written on  :  May 26, 2008
Platform  :  Game Boy Color

read more reviews by Eri Bellis

Summary

Nintendo wasted a cartridge space for unnecessary extras instead of SMB2 and SMB3.

The Good

The Bad

The Bottom Line

In the beginning I must that I'm very disappointed because I expected much more then I get. First of all there are only two games "Super Mario Bros" And "Super Mario Bros: Lost Levels". The plus is that games in fact are unchanged.... but there is a one thing. The resolution in the NES its much bigger then GBC. So they have to cut the gameplay area. But wait U can move the view up and down - and thats the most irritating thing in this game. I really don't understand why they didn't make this automatic.

Next thing.

Extras.

1. Record list - Helpful

2. Game characters Album - Wastage of cartridge space.

3. Toybox - Again,no games.

4. You vs. Boo - Finally some extra game. Player vs. Cpu (cloud). Nice challenge game.

Conclusion:
I'm disappointed because I've payed for this game a lot of money and I didn't get recompense of it in game. The question is why didn't Nintendo put there a SMB2 or 3 instead of some unnecessary extras? There was enough space to put even these two games.

Final Rating (1-5) :

Gameplay - 5

Graphics - 3

Music - 3

Story - 3

Replay Value - 4

Extras - 2

Overall - 3,4