Moby Poll: What kind of game collector are you?

Super Mario Bros. Deluxe (Game Boy Color)

Written by  :  Dark Lord (46)
Written on  :  Feb 22, 2005
Platform  :  Game Boy Color
Rating  :  4.25 Stars4.25 Stars4.25 Stars4.25 Stars4.25 Stars

read more reviews by Dark Lord

Summary

This game is much improved from the original without ruining it.

The Good

I liked the new added features like Yoshi's eggs and the challenge mode. I like the art you could unlock too. It made you want to do better to unlock more secrets in the game. When you play challenge mode, you can record your scores. This game basically takes the original and makes it better without spoiling the fun. It also has new hidden coins.

The Bad

It didn't like the same things in this that I didn't like from the original. Once again, it gives you 500 seconds and 3.5 seconds takes up the space of 1. Also, in a way, having Yoshi's eggs spoils it but I don't really mind. Once again, Super Mario BROS. Deluxe, fails to have Luigi in the game.

The Bottom Line

Super Mario Bros. Deluxe is much improved from the original Mario game. Nothing has been manipulated so that it ruins the game. With an all new challenge mode that allows you to save scores and Yoshi's eggs, this game only gets better. It makes you try harder to play the game to unlock the levels in challenge mode so you can test yourself against the set scores. Try to find the new hidden coins and earn special Mario art. Overall, Super Mario Bros. Deluxe has improved the original game and given it a new name.