DescriptionJohn McClane is back. Many years have passed since his work in New York, and he now works for the Century City Police Department (CCPD) in Los Angeles.
You are in John's shoes as he must face a new threat. Piet Gruber, the son of Hans Gruber and McClane's old enemy, is up to no good at the Townsend Art Museum. He has stolen valuable art and kidnapped John's now adult daughter and fellow CCPD police officer, Lucy.
This game is a First Person Shooter, but it also adds two features: Stealth Mode and Hero Time. Stealth Mode allows John to sneak around quietly, even being able to grab his foes and use them as hostages. This means it may not be best to go in guns blazing, when they could be arrested. Hero Time allows John to react far more quickly, just like Bullet Time in Max Payne. Hero Time is earned by saving hostages and performing heroic tasks in the game.
There are several different weapons available in the game, ranging from a paintball gun for training to a sniper rifle. Most of the guns can also be used dual for the ultimate killing spree.
There are no GameCube screenshots for this game.
- "Die Hard: Stirb Langsam - Vendetta" -- German title
Part of the Following Groups
|I may be in love with Bruce Willis...||Kain Ceverus (34)|
The Press Says
|Consoles Plus||Dec, 2002||89 out of 100||89|
|Digital Press - Classic Video Games||Jul 04, 2005||8 out of 10||80|
|Game Chronicles||Jan 14, 2003||7.9 out of 10||79|
|Officiel Nintendo Magazine||Dec, 2002||7 out of 10||70|
|GameZone||Dec 11, 2002||7 out of 10||70|
|4Players.de||Jan 07, 2003||69 out of 100||69|
|IGN||Nov 20, 2002||6.3 out of 10||63|
|NintendoWorldReport||Dec 26, 2002||6 out of 10||60|
|DarkZero||Nov 29, 2002||6 out of 10||60|
|Game Over Online||Mar 03, 2003||51 out of 100||51|
There are currently no topics for this game.
German versionThere are several changes to the German version of the game:
- Removed blood
- Removed flame textures and cries on burning persons
- Removed smoke when using the "Flame on" or "I got the power" cheat (the flames were not removed)
- Killed enemies disappear almost instantly (including frozen enemies which burst in the original version)
- Arrows from the crossbow disappear after hitting a person
- Disarmed enemies can't be killed without failing the mission
- The bullet cam was removed
Related Web Sites
- Die Hard: Vendetta - Wikipedia -- article in the open encyclopedia
- Official website -- Official website for Gamecube, Playstation 2 and Xbox versions of the game