DescriptionJohn Raimi is assigned to infiltrate the Volks Corporation in Southern France. This corporation specializes in weapons but has been conducting bizarre experiments. John becomes a part of one of those experiments, and his spirit is separated from his body. As a ghost, he must possess other beings to find out what happened to his body. John has to find his body before it perishes.
Players start the game as John Raimi in human form. The game plays as though it is a regular first-person shooter. Players in human form can strafe, aim, run, and shoot enemies. In spirit form, they must possess people or animals to keep from being pulled into the afterlife; they can also drain the life from plants. To possess a being, first players have to frighten it. Players achieve this by possessing objects in the environment and making them do strange things.
- "Fear" -- Working title
Part of the Following Group
|Geist- It Will Possess You...if you give it a chance||STU2 (72)|
|Fun, but not without its flaws||Matt Neuteboom (941)|
|Fragland.net||Oct 25, 2005||80.2 out of 100||80|
|GameZone||Aug 18, 2005||8 out of 10||80|
|GameTrailers||Oct 27, 2005||7.4 out of 10||74|
|GamePro (US)||Aug 15, 2005||3.5 out of 5||70|
|Jeuxvideo.com||Oct 07, 2005||13 out of 20||65|
|Digital Press - Classic Video Games||Sep 15, 2005||6 out of 10||60|
|Game Chronicles||Sep 22, 2005||5 out of 10||50|
|1UP||Aug 16, 2005||C||50|
|Gaming Age||Aug 15, 2005||C-||42|
|Gamezine||Oct 12, 2005||7 out of 20||35|
There are currently no topics for this game.
- In the infamous "shower room scene," after you inhabit a body and can go around opening lockers, one of the lockers contains a red bathrobe as well as a Samus Aran (of Metroid fame) helmet. Another locker contains a purple GameCube.
- Later in the game, in the Officer's Lounge, there are two flatscreen TVs set up, each with their own NES and SNES.
Title translationGeist means ghost or spirit in German.
Information also contributed by STU2
Related Web Sites
- Geist for Nintendo GameCube (Official game web site.)
- NSpace Speaks! (Interview done with n-Space in Nintendo Power.)
- Walkthrough (A complete walkthrough of the game by CyricZ)