As the character of your choice, you enroll in SPUMCOs newly-founded stunt school, where you will compete against other outrageous characters, while pulling off insane fantasy tricks and performing extreme "Negative Reactions" on eight massive movie sets. The one to graduate at the top of the class will earn the right to star in the upcoming show. How well you perform during the audition process and in stunt school will determine how lucrative a contract you are offered. May the best skater win!
Contributed by Lampbane (2519) on Jan 13, 2009.
Relive your Saturday morning glory days with Atlus's Go! Go! Hypergrind.
- Compete against other struggling "actors" in SPUMCO's newly founded stunt school. It's not whether or not you can stick a crooked grind -- it's whether or not you can set yourself on fire while you're grinding!
- Use an unusual "Negative Reaction" system to score huge points and boost your blossoming career.
- Watch in mock horror as a powerful graphics engine deforms your character in real time. You can be set on fire, covered in paint and flattened all at the same time!
- Perform over 60 never-before-seen fantasy tricks as well as a host of real-world moves on the game's eight movie sets.
Go! Go! Hypergrind's unusual take on the skateboarding genre has you playing the role of a struggling "animated actor" as you grab your skateboard and negotiate a series of staged mishaps and pratfalls on the road to glory. Choose from several wacky characters designed by the off-kilter souls at SPUMCO (creators of Ren & Stimpy), then let the slap-stick skating commence!
In Go! Go! Hypergrind, your goal is to carefully follow the audition director's instructions in order to wreak mayhem on your hapless skater. For example, it is not uncommon for the director to request whacking your character's head off with a buzz saw, make him into a piranha's lunch, set him on fire while hopping over lit oil drums and capping it all off by landing the hapless 'toon unsafely in a pile of TNT.
Despite being entirely cel-shaded, Go! Go! Hypergrind features some distinctly mature content, including bawdy character designs and stunt effects that reach Itchy & Scratchy proportions of limb-hackery.
When televised animation was in its prime, cartoons relied primarily on slapstick antics involving the horrible, albeit temporary, disfigurement of their principal characters. Go! Go! Hypergrind creatively combines this with an established game genre, and the result is quite a wild ride.
Contributed by Evil Ryu (53674) on Jul 29, 2005.
- Skate as one of 11 crazy, cool competitors, designed by SPUMCO, the world-famous animation studio responsible for The Ren & Stimpy Show and The Ripping Friends!
- Use the new "Negative Reaction" system to score insane points and begin your rise to stardom! Chain multiple negative reactions together with normal tricks for insane combination points!
- Powerful graphics engine allows for real-time character deformation. The wacky, cel-shaded skateboarders can be subjected to numerous humiliations, such as being set on fire, flattened and covered in paint!
- Perform over 60 never-before-seen fantasy tricks as well as a host of real-world grinds, aerials manuals and lip moves!
- Skate on 8 gigantic, deviously designed themed movie sets each with their own stage specific traps and negative reaction points!
- Compete in a multitude of head-to-head multiplayer modes!
Go! Go! Hypergrind’ has a suggested retail price of US $49.99 and has been rated "T" for Teen by the ESRB. For more information, visit the official Go! Go! Hypergrind Web site at www.atlus.com/gogo.
© 2003 Atlus. ’, ® and the Nintendo GameCube logo are trademarks of Nintendo.
Contributed by skl (1142) on Mar 02, 2004.
Irvine, CA, November 18, 2003 - Atlus U.S.A., Inc., a leading publisher of interactive entertainment, today announced that it has shipped Go! Go! Hypergrind to retailers nationwide. Go! Go! Hypergrind is being developed by the newly-formed Team Poponchi at Atlus Japan in conjunction with Spumco, the creators of The Ren & Stimpy Show and The Ripping Friends.
THE CRAZIEST FUNKTASTIC SKATEBOARDING GAME EVER TO HIT THE NINTENDO GAMECUBE
SPUMCO, the real world animation company responsible for the hit cartoon series, The Ren & Stimpy Show, is holding auditions for an upcoming action feature called "Hypergrind", in which the main character will be an animated skateboarder capable of performing crazy and humorous tricks. As the character of your choice, you'll enroll in SPUMCO's newly founded stunt school, where you'll compete against other outrageous characters while pulling off insane fantasy tricks and performing extreme "Negative Reactions" on the game's 8 massive themed movie sets.
The one to graduate at the top of the class will earn the right to star in the upcoming show. How well you perform during the audition process and in stunt school will determine how lucrative a contract you're offered. May the best skater win!
HIGHLIGHTS AND KEY FEATURES: