How much time do you spend in each single session when you play games?

Godzilla: Destroy All Monsters Melee (GameCube)

Written by  :  Dark Cloud (35)
Written on  :  Jan 05, 2004
Platform  :  GameCube

read more reviews by Dark Cloud

Summary

Another fighting game that has reached my top favorite list

The Good

Most of this game is what I intend to call VERY SUPER COOL!! You can play as many classic monsters such as Godzilla 90's, King Ghidora and many others (I'd rather not spoil the others to you). You also get to fight on various cities such as Los Angeles, San Fransisco and lots of others (again, I'd rather not spoil the others to you). The opening cutscenes of the game when you turn it on, and the Adventure mode are a must-see for all Godzilla fans out there. And the fighting is the absolute fun part of the Godzilla: Destroy All Monsters Melee experience (duh). I also really think the graphics for this game were really cool and real looking, and the sounds and roars the monsters make are really good for the Godzilla fan's ears.

The Bad

The controls. The controls will take quite a long time to get used to, especially those button combinations. When I first played this game, I didn't know what the hell I was doing and I always mistaken the R (jump) button for the guard button (Y button). The controls will suck until you get used to them (which will likely take you quite a while).

The Bottom Line

Overall, Godzilla: Destroy All Monsters Melee is a very fun gaming experience, especially to those who are fans of Godzilla and the movies. So if you find this at the rental store or pretty much anywhere, don't hesitate to pick it up.