The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time / Master Quest (GameCube)

Written by  :  Chris Lesinky (312)
Written on  :  Apr 30, 2007
read more reviews by Chris Lesinky

Summary

A great edition of one of the Greatest games of all time...

The Good

I will be reviewing the Master Quest, since there exists many Ocarina reviews...The Master Quest is Ocarina with harder dungeons. The dungeons now feature harder puzzles to solve, with a steep learning curve. This changes the dynamics of the game, with a focus on the puzzles in the dungeon, not action or other elements. A prior knowledge of Ocarina might actually hurt while playing the Master Quest, since one might expect to find one thing, than something else appears instead. For the most part, the Master Quest is very enjoyable as a game.

The Bad

However the steep learning curve is a challenge, with the first dungeon providing some considerable challenge. The biggest problem with the Master Quest is that the bosses' difficulty has not changed, so the bosses present very little challenge, after a rough challenge trying to reach them. However the problems do not detract from the awesomeness of the Ocarina game.

The Bottom Line

If you are a fan of Ocarina of Time, I presume you will enjoy the Master Quest, if you aren't a fan of Ocarina, I doubt this will change your mind, and if you've never played Ocarina of Time, I suggest you play the original version before attempting the Master Quest.