DescriptionLEGO Star Wars: The Video Game allows players to relive the events of the Star Wars prequel movie trilogy (Episodes I, II and III) in LEGO form. Players take control of over thirty characters to play through key moments from The Phantom Menace, Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sith. The storyline includes most of the important events in the movies, omitting or adding a few sequences. The presentation of these events, however, is humorous, with all the characters and environments made out of LEGO bricks. Objects would often break apart like physical LEGO bricks, characters have comical expressions, and all dialogue from corresponding events from the movies is replaced by gestures.
The basic gameplay is action with platforming and light puzzle-solving elements. Players navigate two or more characters through stages, each representing a chapter in a movie. These chapters must be unlocked in a plot-dictated order, eventually completing the entire movie. Characters use different weapons (blasters, lightsabers, crossbows, etc.), and each character type also possesses specific abilities. For example, Jedi can use the force to lift, combine, and destroy objects; robots can unlock encrypted doors; other characters may use a grappling hook to access higher platforms, etc. Some of these abilities overlap (i.e. a problem can be solved in more than one way), though often a specific type of character is required to deal with the situation. In the single-player mode, one player can switch between the available characters; in the co-op mode, two players navigate at least two different characters.
A few levels involve players piloting aircraft, fighting hostile vehicles, overcoming obstacles or destroying targets on the ground. The Free Mode allows players to access previously visited stages with any characters they have unlocked. This may lead to a discovery of previously inaccessible areas. Various collectible items and LEGO studs (which serve as currency) can be gathered during exploration. Characters cannot permanently die in the game; when a character is killed, he or she only loses collected LEGO studs.
There are no GameCube screenshots for this game.
There are 46 other screenshots on file for other versions of this game.
- "乐高星球大战" -- Chinese spelling (simplified)
- "LEGO Star Wars: Le Jeu Video" -- French title
- "LEGO Star Wars: Il Videogioco" -- Italian title
- "LEGO Star Wars: El Videojuego" -- Spanish title
- "LEGO Star Wars: Das Videospiel" -- German title
Part of the Following Groups
- Inspiration: Movies
- Inspiration: Toys
- LEGO licensees
- LEGO Star Wars series
- PlayStation 2 Greatest Hits releases
- PlayStation 2 Platinum Range releases
- Star Wars canon
- Star Wars licensees
There are no reviews for the GameCube release of this game. You can use the links below to write your own review or read reviews for the other platforms of this game.
|GameSpy||Oct 27, 2005||90|
|NintendoWorldReport||Feb 19, 2006||8.5 out of 10||85|
|N-Zone||Dec 26, 2005||82 out of 100||82|
|Game Freaks 365||2005||8 out of 10||80|
|IGN||Oct 28, 2005||8 out of 10||80|
|GameSpot||Oct 28, 2005||7.6 out of 10||76|
|Jeuxvideo.com||Nov 14, 2005||8 out of 20||40|
There are currently no topics for this game.
1001 Video GamesLego Star Wars appears in the book 1001 Video Games You Must Play Before You Die by General Editor Tony Mott.
- 2005 – #5 Offline Multiplayer Game of the Year
- 2005 – #5 GameCube Game of the Year
- 2005 – #9 PS2 Game of the Year
- 2005 – PS2 Platformer of the Year
- 2005 – Most Underrated Game of the Year (PC)
Related Web Sites
- Lego: Star Wars - The Video Game (The Official Site.)
- Solution Guide (UHS file in question and answer format beginning with hints to help you solve the puzzles yourself before the final solutions are revealed.)
- The Bricks That Bind a Galaxy (An Apple Games article about the Macintosh version of LEGO Star Wars, with commentary being provided by Development Director Jonathan Smith (August, 2005).)
- Wikipedia: LEGO Star Wars: The Video Game (Information about LEGO Star Wars: The Video Game at Wikipedia)