DescriptionThe Lord of the Rings: Return of the King video game again puts the fate of middle-earth in the hands of the gamer. In the last installment of the movie trilogy, destroy the Ring by casting it into the Crack of Doom, which frees Middle Earth from Dark Lord Sauron.
Return of the King's third person gameplay allows immersive action set in rich, interactive levels. The new game also features an all new co-op multiplayer mode which lets players form their own Fellowship and eight playable characters like Gandalf, Aragorn, Legolas, Gimil, Sam and Frodo all played out by thier actual actors from the films, battle vicious boss monsters like Shelob and the final showdown with Dark Lord Sauron, all backed up by Academy Award winner Howard Shore.
There are no GameCube user screenshots for this game.
There are 33 other screenshots from other versions of this game or official promotional screenshots.
There are no promo images for this game
- "魔戒：王者再臨" -- Taiwan spelling
- "ロード・オブ・ザ・リング: 王の帰還" -- Japanese spelling
- "指环王：王者无敌" -- Chinese spelling (simplified)
- "שר הטבעות: שיבת המלך" -- Hebrew spelling
- "Zhihuan Wang: Wangzhe Wudi" -- Chinese title
- "Władca Pierścieni: Powrót Króla" -- Polish title
- "Sagan om Konungens Återkomst: Härskarringen" -- Swedish title
- "Ringenes Herre: Kongen vender tilbage" -- Danish title
- "O Senhor dos Anéis - O Retorno do Rei" -- Brazilian title
- "LOTR:ROTK" -- Abbreviated title
- "Le Seigneur des Anneaux: Le Retour du Roi" -- French title
- "Il Signore degli Anelli: Il Ritorno del Re" -- Italian title
- "El Señor de los Anillos: El Retorno del Rey " -- Spanish title
- "Der Herr der Ringe: Die Rückkehr des Königs" -- German title
- "A Gyűrűk Ura: A Király Visszatér" -- Hungarian title
Part of the Following Groups
- Fantasy Creatures: Elves
- Inspiration: Author - J. R. R. Tolkien
- Inspiration: Movies
- Nintendo Player's Choice releases
- PlayStation 2 Platinum Range releases
|Proof That Beat-'Em-Ups Still Have Their Place In Current Gaming.||Guy Chapman (1739)|
|I love medieval setting games this one rocks.||Andrew Shepard (1221)|
|GameSpy||Oct 31, 2003||90|
|1UP||May 09, 2004||9 out of 10||90|
|Kombo.com||Jan 27, 2004||9 out of 10||90|
|GamePro (US)||Nov 03, 2003||4.5 out of 5||90|
|GameZone||Nov 13, 2003||9 out of 10||90|
|IGN||Nov 03, 2003||8.7 out of 10||87|
|64 Power / big.N / N Games||Nov, 2003||83 out of 100||83|
|N-Zone||Dec 08, 2003||83 out of 100||83|
|Gamesmania.de||Nov 21, 2003||83 out of 100||83|
|Next Level Gaming||Nov 11, 2003||76 out of 100||76|
There are currently no topics for this game.
SalesIn the first quarter of 2004 has The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King (PS2) won the Gold-Award from the German VUD (Verband der Unterhaltungssoftware Deutschland - Entertainment Software Association Germany) for selling more then 100,000 (but less then 200,000) units in Germany, Austria and Switzerland.
- 2003 – Best Movie Game of the Year (PS2)
- 2003 - Best of License of the Year (PC)
Related Web Sites
- Lord of the Rings: Return of the King (Official Web Site)
- One Game to Rule Them All (An Apple Games article about the Macintosh version of The Return of the King, with commentary being provided by Senior Producer Todd Arnold (March, 2004).)
- Return of the King Strategy Guide (By the Stratos Group)
- Return of the King Walkthrough (On Bella Online)
- Wikipedia: The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King (Information about The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King at Wikipedia)
Executive Produced by: